Question for X-men, what now?

LSURock

I for one am excited for the next St.X season and think Trinity deserves plenty of respect for what they have done in the 2006 and 2005 state championships. Trinity has 17 titles. More respect.

Next year's St.X team will have a lot of talent returning and a new stadium, along with other campus improvements. The team will have an opportunity to build a new tradition with the stadium, and attract a lot of interest given the all around excellence at St.X

Do we need more team speed? yes. Do we need a better passing game? yes. Do we need someone other than Duece to run the ball? yes. Do we need a few lineman to step in and produce on both sides of the ball? yes. Do we need MUCH better special teams? yes. All very possible and if done right - by Coach G., we will join the all star swim team, golf team, tennis team, wrestling team, baseball team, soccer team etc by teaching Xaverian lessons that enjoy everyone on the field and off.

The answer to you question - " What now for the Tigers?" the same as the last 140+ years in Louisville - build Christ centered man who are lead by Christ centered coaches, and come together to do our best - the same as Trinity. The result is to be enjoyed, cherished and laid along side all the other jobs well done. But laid down none the less. A job well done to ST. X this year. This year Trinity won another title. There is no other answer.

RE: Post 11:" (FYI the Rocks defeated the Tigers this year) and the Rocks beat Male at Male. I don't see a very valid arguement (sic) here. Henrey (sic) Clay was better than any team X faced in the playoffs except Male. They were close to Male in athletic ability."

Parse my post more closely. It is apparent I was referring to Male's playoff schedule leading up to the T game. This is sort of a recurring obsession with you, being concerned about X and its relationship with Coach Glaser. Three out of the previous four years X has been in the title game. Coach Glaser's position is secure. Football season is over, and X has shifted its focus to garnering more National Merit Scholars to increase its lead over all Kentucky Catholic schools combined.

By the way, watch Rule 13 in your posts.

If football season is over for you, what are you doing here? I'm surprised you found the time to check in with all those National Merit Scholar preparations to be done. As the father of a National Merit Scholar I'm sure we would have plenty to discuss, but I'm not so sure anyone would pony up $15 a year to join us. The obsession comment is rich. How many X men have posted ad nauseam about the future and behavior of Bob Beatty over the past few years? I was just wondering if any X-men were getting tired of finishing second or worse? Why does that hit a nerve? Either its OK with you or its not. I guess you are OK with it. Lets hear from the rest of the X faithful. The fact is there are quite a few that are getting pretty tired of it.:sssh:

About rule #13, I could spend a lot of time being petty but I choose not. I'll be more mindful of the typos. Thanks.

If football season is over for you, what are you doing here? I'm surprised you found the time to check in with all those National Merit Scholar preparations to be done. As the father of a National Merit Scholar I'm sure we would have plenty to discuss, but I'm not so sure anyone would pony up $15 a year to join us. The obsession comment is rich. How many X men have posted ad nauseam about the future and behavior of Bob Beatty over the past few years? I was just wondering if any X-men were getting tired of finishing second or worse? Why does that hit a nerve? Either its OK with you or its not. I guess you are OK with it. Lets hear from the rest of the X faithful. The fact is there are quite a few that are getting pretty tired of it.:sssh:
I've read much more speculation about Glaser's job status on this site over the years than Beatty's behavior. Every time Trinity gets on a roll, the Rock start chirping about Glaser like they're trying to rub it in.

My X side is excited about the future of the football program as (in my entitled opinion) a problem is no longer in the program. I'd like to see some passing offense as there are some kids there who are not being used to their potential (again in my entitled opinion). I'm not sure what the "win at all costs" post was about earlier... I hope not a dart thrown at St. Mathews. I suppose in other forums we could discuss Nat Merits... or maybe working with special needs / learning disabilities....and both schools would have lots to brag about... but sports is why I joined BGP, and football is why I clicked on this thread...