Question for X-men, what now?

LSURock

With the Rocks winning their 5th title in 7 years while the Tigers have managed only 1. I ask what now Tigers? The Rocks started 9 underclassmen on this year's title team so I'm thinking they will have a better than average chance at a second three-peat in the Beatty era. We heard a lot of talk (via threads) about additions to the X coaching staff prior to last year. How did that work out? Coach Glaser announced that 06 was the fastest group of skill kids he has ever coached, are any of those kids returning? I've heard great things about the "legendary" Coach Jamie Brown, now I understand he is moving on to greener pastures. How bad will his loss hurt X next year? Finally, has the game passed Coach Glaser by? Is it time for him to step down?

A few years ago these pages were alive with posts ending with "tic-toc, tic-toc". The message being that the pendulum swings back and forth between T and X. We have a pretty dysfunctional pendulum these days. Your thoughts.

:laugh:

Why the laughter. Has the Tiger clan embraced the role of second among the Big Three with Male breathing down their neck. If fact, since Coach Beatty arrived its been the Big One and the other two. One for X, one for Male and five for Trinity. Sounds pretty lop-sided to me. I'm serious, I've heard a lot of grumbling starting back in December. After the Rocks defeated a Male team that pasted X 33-7 the talk got louder and louder. I would think that X will have a pretty big shake-up in the make-up of their coaching staff.

Why the laughter. Has the Tiger clan embraced the role of second among the Big Three with Male breathing down their neck. If fact, since Coach Beatty arrived its been the Big One and the other two. One for X, one for Male and five for Trinity. Sounds pretty lop-sided to me. I'm serious, I've heard a lot of grumbling starting back in December. After the Rocks defeated a Male team that pasted X 33-7 the talk got louder and louder. I would think that X will have a pretty shake-up in the make-up of their coaching staff.

"since Coach Beatty arrived its been the Big One and the other two. One for X, one for Male and five for Trinity."

Minus Brohm=2 titles. Had T and Male switched positions in the playoffs this year T would have faced PRP, X and Male in the playoffs. Male would be state champion and many T posters (you perhaps) would be leading a chorus of good riddances when Beatty leaves T this year and moves on to greener pastures.

Why would this really concern the T contingent? I would think like Michigan wanting Ohio State to keep Cooper on as head coach as long as possible. Now it looks like Ohio State would hate to see Michigan let Lloyd Carr go. It would behoove the Trinity fans to hope that Beatty's dominance over St.X and Glaser would continue.

"since Coach Beatty arrived its been the Big One and the other two. One for X, one for Male and five for Trinity."

Minus Brohm=2 titles. Had T and Male switched positions in the playoffs this year T would have faced PRP, X and Male in the playoffs. Male would be state champion and many T posters (you perhaps) would be leading a chorus of good riddances when Beatty leaves T this year and moves on to greener pastures.

You are normally an educated and tremendous poster...this isn't close to what you normally emulate..

You are normally an educated and tremendous poster...this isn't close to what you normally emulate..

Thanks for the compliment... perhaps this thread is not of the caliber that we are used to on BGP. Notwithstanding the tone and obvious intent of the thread (and your statement to me would ring truer if there was an admonishment to your T bretheren about how it is beneath a school like T to have posters trying to instigate bad blood between the schools) it is quite possible that Coach Glaser will be back next season but Coach Beatty will not.

With the Rocks winning their 5th title in 7 years while the Tigers have managed only 1. I ask what now Tigers? The Rocks started 9 underclassmen on this year's title team so I'm thinking they will have a better than average chance at a second three-peat in the Beatty era. We heard a lot of talk (via threads) about additions to the X coaching staff prior to last year. How did that work out? Coach Glaser announced that 06 was the fastest group of skill kids he has ever coached, are any of those kids returning? I've heard great things about the "legendary" Coach Jamie Brown, now I understand he is moving on to greener pastures. How bad will his loss hurt X next year? Finally, has the game passed Coach Glaser by? Is it time for him to step down?

A few years ago these pages were alive with posts ending with "tic-toc, tic-toc". The message being that the pendulum swings back and forth between T and X. We have a pretty dysfunctional pendulum these days. Your thoughts.

Back in the 80's when T was winning all the titles St.X began a campus expansion that paid huge dividends in the 90's with the Tiger's winning 4 titles. T then had a campus update and a new stadium that is paying off now .St.X is expanding once again and this time there will be no question or comparison of which school has the better campus and it will pay off very soon for the Tiger's and should continue to pay off for decades. I would not worry too much about the future of St.X football or the school as we are well positioned for the future. St.X has never been and never will be a win at all costs football factory. The football program has been solid for over 50 years without a stadium. Now that the best stadium in Kentucky is near completion do you think that it will help the program just a little? Don't worry about the Tiger's we will get along just fine. just enjoy your success while you have it and be happy. I for one am very excited about St.X football for next year and years beyound.

PRP? X? (FYI the Rocks defeated the Tigers this year) and the Rocks beat Male at Male. I don't see a very valid arguement here. Henrey Clay was better than any team X faced in the playoffs except Male. They were close to Male in athletic ability. The fact is Trinity is dominating X (and Male since Beatty's arrival) and i don't see an end in sight. I am asking do you? and why? I'm not interested in your what ifs and should haves (we will leave those to your head man), I'm interested in knowing if X is going to make changes or stay the course?

Thanks for the compliment... perhaps this thread is not of the caliber that we are used to on BGP. Notwithstanding the tone and obvious intent of the thread (and your statement to me would ring truer if there was an admonishment to your T bretheren about how it is beneath a school like T to have posters trying to instigate bad blood between the schools) it is quite possible that Coach Glaser will be back next season but Coach Beatty will not.

I think its pretty obvious that Coach Beatty will be back to persue #18 next season. As for Coach Glaser?

Back in the 80's when T was winning all the titles St.X began a campus expansion that paid huge dividends in the 90's with the Tiger's winning 4 titles. T then had a campus update and a new stadium that is paying off now .St.X is expanding once again and this time there will be no question or comparison of which school has the better campus and it will pay off very soon for the Tiger's and should continue to pay off for decades. I would not worry too much about the future of St.X football or the school as we are well positioned for the future. St.X has never been and never will be a win at all costs football factory. The football program has been solid for over 50 years without a stadium. Now that the best stadium in Kentucky is near completion do you think that it will help the program just a little? Don't worry about the Tiger's we will get along just fine. just enjoy your success while you have it and be happy. I for one am very excited about St.X football for next year and years beyound.

I'd say that stadiums don't win ballgames. Trinity dominated as you said during a period when their stadium was less than optimum. For decades the X faithful bragged about playing Historic Manual Stadium, the finest high school venue in Louisville. Now we find that it was holding the Tigers back.:lol: I think if you look at the history of the rivalry, its much more about coaching than facilities. Recently Lampley ruled Glaser, Glaser held sway over Servino and now Beatty owns Glaser. Your move.

RE: Post 11:" (FYI the Rocks defeated the Tigers this year) and the Rocks beat Male at Male. I don't see a very valid arguement (sic) here. Henrey (sic) Clay was better than any team X faced in the playoffs except Male. They were close to Male in athletic ability."

Parse my post more closely. It is apparent I was referring to Male's playoff schedule leading up to the T game. This is sort of a recurring obsession with you, being concerned about X and its relationship with Coach Glaser. Three out of the previous four years X has been in the title game. Coach Glaser's position is secure. Football season is over, and X has shifted its focus to garnering more National Merit Scholars to increase its lead over all Kentucky Catholic schools combined.

By the way, watch Rule 13 in your posts.