Would you go to NFL games if ...

Are NFL games really any longer than a college game? They haven't been in my experience.

No. College football take longer on average by about 15 minutes. While that doesn't seem like much, it feels like they are much longer.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't even take my son to a regular season game, unless it's a private box. Every game I've been to during the regular season, I'm surrounded by those type of people along with those that want to fight every opposing fan in site.

Exactly. The last game we went to (a couple of years ago), we were surrounded by people that a.) wanted to stand - THE ENTIRE GAME, b.) felt that they knew what the Bengals should do, and that Marvin would be able to hear them if they just yelled loud enough, and c.) swore like a sailor when he didn't listen.

There was one guy that was so bad, where I thought he was going to get into a fight with everyone around him (including fellow Bengals fans!). But (and this is where I knew it wasn't a one-time thing with him), he kept telling everyone..."Go ahead and call someone. I paid for this seat, but I don't have to use it. I can stand the entire time, and there's not a dang thing you, or they, can do about it." All I kept thinking of was how I wished I had a taser. I truly felt bad for bringing my son to that environment.

Exactly. The last game we went to (a couple of years ago), we were surrounded by people that a.) wanted to stand - THE ENTIRE GAME, b.) felt that they knew what the Bengals should do, and that Marvin would be able to hear them if they just yelled loud enough, and c.) swore like a sailor when he didn't listen.

There was one guy that was so bad, where I thought he was going to get into a fight with everyone around him (including fellow Bengals fans!). But (and this is where I knew it wasn't a one-time thing with him), he kept telling everyone..."Go ahead and call someone. I paid for this seat, but I don't have to use it. I can stand the entire time, and there's not a dang thing you, or they, can do about it." All I kept thinking of was how I wished I had a taser. I truly felt bad for bringing my son to that environment.

And that guy is why I gave up longtime Bengals season tickets. Started about 1985 with 8, and dropped to 4 in 1991 when I moved 80 miles away, and then began to split with a friend until about 2010(?) when that jerk drove me and my wife away.

For starters, staying at home with my own snacks and beverages that are only a fraction of the price of concessions, and not paying the high price to be there plus parking is a no brainer. That alone is the reason that I will never attend an NFL game, not to mention being surrounded by loud mouthed drunk aggressive meatheads. If you eliminated the drunk meatheads, still the cost of attending will keep me away. Not only that my lazy boy chair is way more comfortable than any stadium seat, and no doubt warmer under my throw if the temps are freezing.

For starters, staying at home with my own snacks and beverages that are only a fraction of the price of concessions, and not paying the high price to be there plus parking is a no brainer. That alone is the reason that I will never attend an NFL game, not to mention being surrounded by loud mouthed drunk aggressive meatheads. If you eliminated the drunk meatheads, still the cost of attending will keep me away. Not only that my lazy boy chair is way more comfortable than any stadium seat, and no doubt warmer under my throw if the temps are freezing.

I don’t disagree with any of this. However, the atmosphere of a big NFL game simply cannot be replicated at home, and is worth the price of admission.

I don’t disagree with any of this. However, the atmosphere of a big NFL game simply cannot be replicated at home, and is worth the price of admission.

I agree on the big game factor. Despite my disdain for sitting in the NFL stadium, if it were a really big game I would go (if someone gave me a ticket ;)).

You have to be a meathead to go to a football game?

You have to be a meathead to go to a football game?

While I've certainly seen my share of obnoxious drunks at NFL games (as well as College and High school), in my experience, it's not as bad as many make it out to be. I've been to quite a few games all over the country, and can only think of a handful of times that it's really hurt the experience, and never enough to make me leave or never want to come back.

While I've certainly seen my share of obnoxious drunks at NFL games (as well as College and High school), in my experience, it's not as bad as many make it out to be. I've been to quite a few games all over the country, and can only think of a handful of times that it's really hurt the experience, and never enough to make me leave or never want to come back.

I've been to four NFL games, three of which have been as a Steelers fan going to Paul Brown. I received what I would consider a normal amount of heckling for an opposing fan, especially being the Steelers. Maybe different areas are worse, but I've sat in both end zones at PBS and it's never been as bad as some make it out to be.