Ryle hires Keaton Belcher as their new boys basketball coach.

Hey, All about the kids,

You seem to post a lot on Ryle sports. First to criticize a coaching change, game decision by coaches etc. Ryle could use support from community members- people being part of the solution as opposed to the problem. Also, you have your facts wrong about the AD not being present at interviews. I think he may have missed one due to a family emergency involving his wife. I guess that was a joke.

Congrats to Coach Belcher. Ryle had some good candidates to choose from and decided to go with Belcher. Time will tell if it was a good decision. I wish him well. Hopefully, the Raider Community/School will get behind him and give him a chance to get the program back on track.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions on this. I do not recall questions any coaches game decision on here or a coaching change.

I do feel that the powers to be at the school only care that the programs run smoothly without a bunch of parent complaints or feed back. I think wins and losses are low on the priority list for them. But when the parents complain long and loud enough it sure seems like the coaches get booted. I have no dog in the fight as far as who the coaches are but make sure they get a fair shake and let them run their program not the parents.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions on this. I do not recall questions any coaches game decision on here or a coaching change.

I do feel that the powers to be at the school only care that the programs run smoothly without a bunch of parent complaints or feed back. I think wins and losses are low on the priority list for them. But when the parents complain long and loud enough it sure seems like the coaches get booted. I have no dog in the fight as far as who the coaches are but make sure they get a fair shake and let them run their program not the parents.

I would say this 100% accurate.

I wish Belcher the best of luck at Ryle. It is an interesting place to be a coach.

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school. Additionally this includes a pattern of posts that inflames or incites other posters (i.e. trolling or gaslighting). Also, keeping in mind the youth of our student athletes, excessive "bashing" of high school athletes is prohibited. Do not comment on the manner in which another member has posted, or any violations you find in their posts. Such public remarks will be considered a violation under this rule. No attempts at "threadjacking", or deliberately steering the discussion off topic, are permitted on BGP. Topics may evolve through gradual discourse and conversation within a thread, but posts intended to veer thread discussions off course or to intentionally bring non-pertinent information into a thread are subject to removal. If you feel that a specific post violates our rules, please report it using the "Report Post" feature - the triangular “!” icon located in the bottom left-hand side of every post.

I have gathered a lot of information about Coach Belcher. I must say my first reaction was not good. However after doing my research I am impressed. I would encourage others to do some background research.

Some accolades:

He was an NKY player of the year.

Played 4 years at Belmont going to the tourney 3/4 of those.

Looks like he was an assistant at EKU.

Then took over PC and has a winning record in his first 5 years as a head coach.

Ryle parents & students are looking for leadership and a hard nose coach to turn things around.

His resume says to me that he has both. I’m excited to see what the future holds and I believe the upcoming Juniors/Seniors will give him a good foundation to launch off of.

IMO Belcher is a young coach trying to get established. Staying at Pendleton I don't think was going to get him a lot of notice. But if he can turn Ryle into a contender, then he at least may have other opportunities in the NKY/Cincy area. So I think the move makes sense for him career wise (provided he can win at Ryle).

IMO Belcher is a young coach trying to get established. Staying at Pendleton I don't think was going to get him a lot of notice. But if he can turn Ryle into a contender, then he at least may have other opportunities in the NKY/Cincy area. So I think the move makes sense for him career wise (provided he can win at Ryle).

Would it be fair to assume that the suggestion is... The ceiling for Ryle is higher than the ceiling for PC? Winning percentages over the last few years haven't lined up between the two, but I guess a particular player had something to do with that. But unless the potential for success in his coaching career isn't higher with Ryle, it's a lateral move... right?

But unless the potential for success in his coaching career isn't higher with Ryle, it's a lateral move... right?

If I were talking about his being the head coach at one school and then being the head coach at another school, then I guess it’s a lateral move. Ryle probably pays better. In my opinion, living around Florence is a lot more desirable than living around Falmouth.

You say that, but McFarland stepped down and wasn't "booted". Same goes for Niemi who stepped away for an administrative role.

Comparing the girls programs to the boys programs is a joke. I don't care how title 9 crazy you are. The girls program at Ryle has always been solid now they have talent. That's awesome. The boys program has never consistently won. Different beast. If you don't understand why then I cant explain it to you.

I hope I m wrong and that he turns things around at Ryle. But there are no Mr. Basketballs in the hall ways in any of the schools that feed Ryle. There are no boys that dedicate themselves to the program at this point. We will see if he can turn things around! Ill sit back an watch. Hope they have good popcorn!

The girls program has not always been good. Boone used to trounce them year after year when Nell was coaching. The girls program has been consistently good for the past 10-11 years. I don’t think the boys program has ever had 2 really good years in a row and it has been abysmal for a long time.

Congrats to Keaton for accepting the challenge.

• 2 weeks later...