Nike - According to Michael Avenatti

Jumper_Dad

Michael Avenatti

@MichaelAvenatti

Tmrw at 11 am ET, we will be holding a press conference to disclose a major high school/college basketball scandal perpetrated by @Nike that we have uncovered. This criminal conduct reaches the highest levels of Nike and involves some of the biggest names in college basketball.

12:16 PM - Mar 25, 2019

You can Google where you've heard that name before. However less than an hour after posting that tweet, he was arrested for attempting to extort Nike. Evidently he was trying to get them to pay him off and when they refused, he put out that tweet.

I guess now he will spill what ever he has.

Michael Avenatti

@MichaelAvenatti

Tmrw at 11 am ET, we will be holding a press conference to disclose a major high school/college basketball scandal perpetrated by @Nike that we have uncovered. This criminal conduct reaches the highest levels of Nike and involves some of the biggest names in college basketball.

12:16 PM - Mar 25, 2019

You can Google where you've heard that name before. However less than an hour after posting that tweet, he was arrested for attempting to extort Nike. Evidently he was trying to get them to pay him off and when they refused, he put out that tweet.

I guess now he will spill what ever he has.

Nike must have their own police force. :idunno:

What a schmuck.

I can't imagine what he thinks he has.

This is also just the latest (and possibly triggering event) in a list of charges against Avenatti.

He's also being charged with wire fraud and bank fraud on unrelated cases.

Extorting Nike is dumb... submitting falsified tax returns to a lender in order to obtain millions in loans is somehow even dumber.

Wow! I found him somewhat intriguing until the domestic allegations by his girlfriend..., now I just find him shady.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I don't know anything about him but was he convicted or just typical she said/he said stuff?

What he said to the Nike attorneys according to the prosecutor.

“If we don’t reach a resolution … as soon as this becomes public, I am going to receive calls from all over the country from parents and coaches and friends and all kinds of people — this is always what happens — and they are all going to say I’ve got an email or a text message or — now 90% of that is going to be crap because it’s always crap 90% of the time, always, whether it’s R. Kelly or (anyone else), the list goes on and on — but 10% of it is actually going to be true, and then what’s going to happen is that this is going to snowball.”

“And every time we got more information, that’s going to be The Washington Post, The New York Times, ESPN, a press conference, and the company will die — not die, but they are going to incur cut after cut after cut after cut, and that’s what’s going to happen as soon as this thing becomes public,” Avenatti said, according to prosecutors.

Sounds like he has nothing but was just trying to run a game on Nike. Mark Geragos has now been named as a co-conspirator.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

What he said to the Nike attorneys according to the prosecutor.

“If we don’t reach a resolution … as soon as this becomes public, I am going to receive calls from all over the country from parents and coaches and friends and all kinds of people — this is always what happens — and they are all going to say I’ve got an email or a text message or — now 90% of that is going to be crap because it’s always crap 90% of the time, always, whether it’s R. Kelly or (anyone else), the list goes on and on — but 10% of it is actually going to be true, and then what’s going to happen is that this is going to snowball.”

“And every time we got more information, that’s going to be The Washington Post, The New York Times, ESPN, a press conference, and the company will die — not die, but they are going to incur cut after cut after cut after cut, and that’s what’s going to happen as soon as this thing becomes public,” Avenatti said, according to prosecutors.

Sounds like he has nothing but was just trying to run a game on Nike. Mark Geragos has now been named as a co-conspirator.

That's crazy. Did they run out of 30 for 30 content and ESPN put him up to this?

Edited by Jumper_Dad
Stupid Jumper_dad

How is Adidas' business? Did they make a bunch of cuts after the trials and things they just went though?

North American sales up 16 percent in 2018 over the previous year.

Adidas is fine.

The corporate interests in this will ALWAYS be fine.

Remove the name Nike from this...

Why do people think they can go at billion dollar corporations in this way and come away with anything positive? They will ALWAYS have better lawyers than you. And if they are doing something shady on a "significant" level, I promise there aren't any lose ends. Or at least very few.