Why in Ohio but not in Kentucky?

Theoldguy

Why in Ohio can they play High School football games at College sites which are neutral, fields are in great shape, and the stands hold a whole lot more people but we don't/can't in Kentucky? Why couldn't Universities sites like WKU, EKU, Morehead, Murray, Georgetown etc..... be used to play the third round or at least the semi-finals? Ohio can do it, why can't Kentucky......

Now before the JC fans get all upset, I am looking forward to visiting Paintsville:D , but why couldn't this game be played at Morehead? I understand it is your turn, but why not with the new six classes starting next year, change the system even more. Seems the Colleges would love all those future students visiting their schools and could do all the recruiting of them before during and after the games. Seems with all the letters my daughter has received during the last couple of months begging to her to visit their college, it would be a great tool and cost effective too.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in Ohio can they play High School football games at College sites which are neutral, fields are in great shape, and the stands hold a whole lot more people but we don't/can't in Kentucky? Why couldn't Universities sites like WKU, EKU, Morehead, Murray, Georgetown etc..... be used to play the third round or at least the semi-finals? Ohio can do it, why can't Kentucky......

Now before the JC fans get all upset, I am looking forward to visiting Paintsville:D , but why couldn't this game be played at Morehead? I understand it is your turn, but why not with the new six classes starting next year, change the system even more. Seems the Colleges would love all those future students visiting their schools and could do all the recruiting of them before during and after the games. Seems with all the letters my daughter has received during the last couple of months begging to her to visit their college, it would be a great tool and cost effective too.

I have been wondering the same thing. For NKY I can see why, thier are not many colleges with teams but with south teams I think they should be allowed.

I have heard that PJCS costs $7,500 to rent for a game. The teams must also forfeit concessions to PJCS. This would not be "cost effective" for all but a handful of schools.

I have heard that PJCS costs $7,500 to rent for a game. The teams must also forfeit concessions to PJCS. This would not be "cost effective" for all but a handful of schools.

I can see PJCS costing so much but the cost couldn't be that high at the other schools such as Morehead, EKU, WKU ect.

All Ohio playoff games are required to be played only at neutral sites.

They also play earlier round games at some high school fields, like Princeton.

I wonder if it would be cost effective though? I think Ohio games draw much

more in attendance. Would be nice to see KY try it one season.

I think it would be nice to play the Semi's at local college stadiums.

Frankly tho, where would Belfry play, Pikeville college? CAM is NICER than Pikeville College's home field! If they were forced to play at Morehead, Belfry would actually have to travel FURTHER than the opponent this week.

It is fine and just the way it is.

Frankly tho, where would Belfry play, Pikeville college? CAM is NICER than Pikeville College's home field! If they were forced to play at Morehead, Belfry would actually have to travel FURTHER than the opponent this week.

CAM is also wayyyyyyyyyyy nicer than Morehead St.'s field

doesnt PC play at Hambley???

College stadiums wouldn't have to be utilized to even out the playing field (pun intended) for the semifinals, IMO. Why not play them on neutral sites, halfway between each school? If there is a good College field that fits the bill, great, but there are enough high school venues that would serve that purpose. The home field gives quite an advantage that I always thought was unfair, especially in the later rounds when travel is exaggerated.

Either designate specific venues or keep it the way it is.

I think the way it is works.

I agree, it's best off left the way it is. Among the many problems with a nuetral site system, would be lack of decent college fields. Thomas More moved their last game to Dixie, and Georgetown's field is on it's last leg (I can't believe the Bengals haven't put field turf down yet).

I think the whole idea is self serving. CovCath hosts Highlands this year and you have no problem with that despite the host coach calling for a crowd of 15,000. But now CovCath has to travel to Johnson County and this week, and suddenly this post appears. Seems like two weeks ago we should have seen a thread calling for the CCH-HHS game to be moved to either Ryle or Campbell County, much larger venues, far better parking situation, and nuetral sites.

For the record, Ohio allows schools to host first round games, then uses nuetral sites. Not necessarily college sites. Xenia, Princeton, Hamilton, and West Carrollton are some of the area high school that normally host second and third round games.

Ohio's state championship games are played on HIGH SCHOOL fields (Massillion and Canton McKinley).