2018/2019 BluegrassPreps Boys Basketball Rankings Week 9 Discussion

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 team in the 8th not ranked no respect!

Walton-Verona and South Oldham are nice wins for Simon Kenton, but that loss to Cooper is glaring, not the loss, but by how much. I would say that is a big reason they aren't in.

In all honesty though, I personally don't think anyone in the region 8 should be in the top 20. They seem to get smacked the majority of the time they play other top teams.

What am I missing on LaRue County? I don't see a single win on their schedule versus what I call even a fringe top 20 team, yet they are 10th? I guess I could see "liking" their close losses to John Hardin and UHA, but they were ear-holed by Trinity and dropped a game to a good not great Central Hardin. I'm not trying to be confrontational, but honestly, what does the voting committee feel like is their best win? Bullitt Central, I guess?

Larue has no guard play and we all know how important that is. They were given a pass this season because of last year's team which is essentially everyone returning EXCEPT the PG King who was vital to everything they did last year.

How can you say the SK loss to Cooper is holding them out when Walton lossed to LCA and only scored 22 points. Not to mention Cooper is ranked higher than LCA and was not on a neutral floor like the Walton-LCA game.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 13