17. Collins

18. Male

19. Walton-Verona

20. Frankfort

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was hoping Madisonville-North Hopkins would get some love this week. They have some nice wins on their resume. The parity in that range is so close, I know its difficult to rank. It is a team that could take down district 8's domination in Region 2.

1. Scott County

2. John Hardin

3. Trinity

4. Covington Catholic

5. University Heights

6. Waggener

7. Ballard

8. Henry Clay

9. McCracken County

10. LaRue County

11. Bowling Green

12. Cooper

13. South Laurel

14. Campbell County

15. Lexington Christian

16. Woodford County

17. Collins

18. Male

19. Walton-Verona

20. Frankfort

Wow, some of these are really hard to figure. Walton-Verona takes a thumping from an unranked LCA and actually moves up a spot. Woodford County gets trashed by Trinity and moves into the 16th spot, Larue County loses to an unranked team, only drops 2 spots.

Wow, some of these are really hard to figure. Walton-Verona takes a thumping from an unranked LCA and actually moves up a spot. Woodford County gets trashed by Trinity and moves into the 16th spot, Larue County loses to an unranked team, only drops 2 spots.

I agree. I would rank Simon Kenton in place of Walton.

What am I missing on LaRue County? I don't see a single win on their schedule versus what I call even a fringe top 20 team, yet they are 10th? I guess I could see "liking" their close losses to John Hardin and UHA, but they were ear-holed by Trinity and dropped a game to a good not great Central Hardin. I'm not trying to be confrontational, but honestly, what does the voting committee feel like is their best win? Bullitt Central, I guess?

Guest BehindTheLine

Corrected post due to an error.

Guest BehindTheLine

Woodford defeated both Collins and Frankfort this week before losing to Trinity after it was a 3 point game at half. In addition, they recently defeated Lafayette, Douglass, and had a last second shot fall short which could have won the game vs. Scott County.............

Woodford defeated both Collins and Frankfort this week before losing to Trinity after it was a 3 point game at half. In addition, they recently defeated Lafayette, Douglass, and had a last second shot fall short which could have won the game vs. Scott County.............

Yes the beat Collins and Frankfort who was barely in the top 20. They had a good first half against Trinity, but got thumped in the second half and came up short at Scott County. Being close only counts in horse shoes.

Yes the beat Collins and Frankfort who was barely in the top 20. They had a good first half against Trinity, but got thumped in the second half and came up short at Scott County. Being close only counts in horse shoes.

If getting thumped by Trinity - or Scott County for that matter - was something that DQ'd a team from being in these rankings, there'd be quite a few names that would drop from consideration. Woodford County played an overtime game against a district rival the night before, possible they ran out of gas.

As for being close only counting in horse shoes, for wins and losses, sure. For a ranking or perceived strength, you are incorrect. Giving Scott County their closest game of the year for a Kentucky team does count for something.

If getting thumped by Trinity - or Scott County for that matter - was something that DQ'd a team from being in these rankings, there'd be quite a few names that would drop from consideration. Woodford County played an overtime game against a district rival the night before, possible they ran out of gas.

As for being close only counting in horse shoes, for wins and losses, sure. For a ranking or perceived strength, you are incorrect. Giving Scott County their closest game of the year for a Kentucky team does count for something.

You mean I've been wrong on these ranking all these years ? LOL

You mean I've been wrong on these ranking all these years ? LOL

Ha, just saying, to me if it were just wins and losses and that's it, don't even look into the scores or who they're playing, then I could just as easily look at standings and be done with it.

Ha, just saying, to me if it were just wins and losses and that's it, don't even look into the scores or who they're playing, then I could just as easily look at standings and be done with it.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying, but the bottom line is wins and losses, other wise, why keep score.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying, but the bottom line is wins and losses, other wise, why keep score.

You're right, that is what matters. For standings. Rankings are supposed to reflect who you think is going to win a given matchup. That I expect a higher ranked team to beat a lower ranked one.

Just purely because I'd be interested to see your thoughts, would you want to try your hand at ranking 1-20 here?

You're right, that is what matters. For standings. Rankings are supposed to reflect who you think is going to win a given matchup. That I expect a higher ranked team to beat a lower ranked one.

Just purely because I'd be interested to see your thoughts, would you want to try your hand at ranking 1-20 here?

Thanks, but no thanks, I'll pass on that.