KHSAA Trophies

3wishes

Also I was thinking about this. Will basketball still get thier 7-foot tall state championship trophies? Highlands and Trinity with your combined 30+ state trophies, yeah the old ones look good, but arent' they just enlarged versions of the district trophies? Is basketball going to get a 7-foot version of the current trophy. If they do, I'll laugh.

The design on the cross country tropies (the metal part) is from the 2003 state track meet t-shirts. Could they have not come up with something better?

Also, the LCA Eagles got 4th in the state for boys cross country and their trophy had a big gouge out of it. The Region trophy was not symmetrical either.

But it will still look good in the trophy case.

I am not going to disagree with anything that anyone has said on here because I do not like them either, but for a different reason. I liked the old ones because when anyone saw them they new right away you had won the District, Region, etc. Now they are just another trophy in the trophy case unless you stop and read the fine print.

With that being said and all of the talk about what they look like, I can guarantee you one thing. When one of these kids that has never won one gets to hold it that night it looks like a million bucks to them and it will be something they carry with them the rest of their lives and that is what it is all about.

The school's pay for those trophies. If you win one you have to buy it. It comes out of the gate money from the second round playoff game. Question is, are they charging the same amount for that trophy as they did for the old one. I agree this one does not look as nice.

I do know that they are giving more trophies out--which may be the reason if they are cutting costs . . .

For cross country--the regional champion trophy was the exact same size--but the "tin" was gold for 1st/silver for 2nd.

Also in cross country at state, they gave out 4 trophies in each class, for boys and girls--where it used to be 2 (so--instead of paying for 12, they paid for 24).

In football, I do know that the schools DO pay for those. In cross country, we never had to (to my knowledge).

The big ones are pretty sweet . . . . . . .

Besides--the meaning behind the trophy is what matters--not what the trophy looks like. (Unless we are talking about basketball. I could never figure out why that one is so big--maybe because there is only 1 class . . . . )

In football, I do know that the schools DO pay for those. In cross country, we never had to (to my knowledge).

It's was my understanding that in Cross Country... the host Region has to pay for the Trophies, Medals, and the Officials. This can be very expensive for a sport that doesn't make alot of gate money (if any). I know at our school we can't even charge admission, because it's held at a public place, but we hosted it anyway for the Sr's. This is what I was told by the head coach.

It's was my understanding that in Cross Country... the host Region has to pay for the Trophies, Medals, and the Officials. This can be very expensive for a sport that doesn't make alot of gate money (if any). I know at our school we can't even charge admission, because it's held at a public place, but we hosted it anyway for the Sr's. This is what I was told by the head coach.

Incorrect understanding. Thank heavens the individual sports (track, cross country, swimming, tennis, golf and wrestling) do NOT pay for the medals and trophies. That would make sports that already lose money, lost even bigger.