Snow Accumulation Forecast (Updated)

nWo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This may not mean much but today is the first day we have turned our heat system on this winter. I had extra insulation installed in our attic and over our garage. We put rolls in then a company came in and blew more insulation on top of that.

So winter is coming!!! :thumb:

Wow

nWo, you are the only one I rely on for true weather predictions. We are blessed to have you do this for us on BGP.

Thanks, looks like now Cleveland will get around 2" of snow before it ends. The snowfield has moved a little more northward.

Yep. I never pay attention to winter weather forecasts until the day/night before. Even then, it can change so much during the event. You could get a foot of snow in Louisville and none in E-town.

I used to think like that. Sometimes waiting will get you into a difficult situation. That's what happened to me in 2009 when the ice storm hit Richmond. My wife had surgery that day and I didn't pay attention to the weather. We lost power 30 minutes after we got home. It was out for six days. I had to scramble and try to find some kind of heat source and I wasn't able to get something. So I had to get a hotel room then we came home and for a couple of days we had no heat before we got power restored. I swore that would never happen to me again. I couldn't even find a kerosene heater in Kentucky or surrounding states. I finally got one out of Atlanta because that was where my daughter was living at the time. It was the very last one they had. I swore to myself I would never get caught like that again. So that started me on the journey to learn more and more about the weather.

I know have two kerosene heaters and installed more insulation than needed in our attic. I always make sure we stock up with essentials a few days before any weather event. It may be overreach but I would much rather be safe than sorry.

I used to think like that. Sometimes waiting will get you into a difficult situation. That's what happened to me in 2009 when the ice storm hit Richmond. My wife had surgery that day and I didn't pay attention to the weather. We lost power 30 minutes after we got home. It was out for six days. I had to scramble and try to find some kind of heat source and I wasn't able to get something. So I had to get a hotel room then we came home and for a couple of days we had no heat before we got power restored. I swore that would never happen to me again. I couldn't even find a kerosene heater in Kentucky or surrounding states. I finally got one out of Atlanta because that was where my daughter was living at the time. It was the very last one they had. I swore to myself I would never get caught like that again. So that started me on the journey to learn more and more about the weather.

I know have two kerosene heaters and installed more insulation than needed in our attic. I always make sure we stock up with essentials a few days before any weather event. It may be overreach but I would much rather be safe than sorry.

I was speaking to the idea of wanting to know exactly how much “weather” you’re going to get several days out. Obviously, it’s good to be aware of an approaching system, but putting any stock into predictions more than 24 hours out is a waste of time, IMO. That’s plenty of time to prepare.