Keenan Burton and Andre Woodson All SEC First team?

Log Mountain Boy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not what I think SHOULD happen, but what I think WILL happen:

1st Team QB -- Chris Leak

2nd Team QB -- JaMarcus Russell

3rd Team QB -- Andre Woodson

I've been lost in the wonderful world of Law School, so I haven't watched much football and I may be wrong. Wasn't Ainge from Tennessee the front runner just a few games ago??? What happened to him?

Actually I would Woodson 4th behind Russell, Ainge, and Leak. Leak's biggest down fall has been his INT's of late. He started the year throw very few but has racked them up the second half. But I still think he is one of the best in the SEC.

Ainge isn't even the starter on his team anymore.

Ainge isn't even the starter on his team anymore.

I would guess he got the start because of Ainge being hurt and not being able to go 100% in practice. They said Compton got most of the reps with the first team so he got the start. If Fulmer wants to start another QB controversy they need to fire him. He fouled up last season for the Vols because he couldn't pick a QB to start every game. Ainge gives them their best chance to win but only if he is 100%. Look at Ainge's numbers and you tell me Compton should be starting.

HMMM... lets see JaMarcus Russell had 49 points (I know he wasn't in for all of them as LSU cleared the bench early in the second half) against UK. Meanwhile Woodson was able to lead the Cats to zero against LSU. If you are the third best QB in the SEC you don't have games like Andre had against LSU. Sorry, I'm not buying.

HMMM... lets see JaMarcus Russell had 49 points (I know he wasn't in for all of them as LSU cleared the bench early in the second half) against UK. Meanwhile Woodson was able to lead the Cats to zero against LSU. If you are the third best QB in the SEC you don't have games like Andre had against LSU. Sorry, I'm not buying.

There is more to it than Woodson..........

Football is a team sport...........one man can't beat anyone!

:creepy:

You can't compare QB's like that. Russell didn't have a thing to do with UK scoring zero and Woodson wasn't the reason why LSU scored 49.

Silly.

So should Brohm not be first team all Big East QB b/c he had a horrbile game against Rutgers, costing them a shot at a National Title?

Andre deserves to be All SEC. He leads the league in passing yards and I would love to see his efficiency numbers after this past weeks performance. Brooks' comments about how much Andre had matured and what a fantastic season he has had were nice to read. Jamarcus Russell is excellent, but is only 6 yards ahead of Woodson in Total offense and Woodson is the leading passer in the conference. I would venture to say he leads the league in TD passes as well. Nickson from Vandy leads the SEC in Total Offense.

TOTAL OFFENSE SEC

Nickson (VU): 2,638

Russell (LSU): 2,494

Woodson (UK): 2,488

Wilson (Ala): 2,344

Ainge (UT): 2,158

PASSING YARDS SEC

Woodson: 2,575

Russell: 2,364

Wilson: 2,287

Ainge: 2,216

Leak: 2,157

Burton deserves it as well. He is #4 in receiving yards and 5th in scoring (mostly trailing kickers & Darren McFadden the amazing RB from Arkansas).