Keenan Burton and Andre Woodson All SEC First team?

Log Mountain Boy

Keep in mind while all these yards and such are great. There are two things against Woodson, one where he plays...the other coaches will not be keen on giving respect to a UK QB...the other is the fact that Leak has been splitting time, and Ainge has a running game, now add the fact that those teams are ranked much higher than UK and that's where you'll find your first team SEC QB.

:thumb:

I think Burton has a better shot at making it than Woodson.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some interesting ranks concerning Burton and Woodson:

Burton ranks 13th in the NCAA in number of catches, 6th among BCS schools (I'm using the BCS schools because they should have played the better competition), and 2nd in the SEC with 1 game to play--the leader plays for Vandy and is done. He ranks 12th in the NCAA in yards, 7th among BCS schools and 4th in the conference (2 of the league receivers are done while he has a game to go). He ranks 5th in the NCAA in touchdown catches, 4th among BCS schools and 1st in the conference.

Woodson ranks 9th in the country in yards, 4th among BCS schools and 1st in the SEC. He ranks 5th in the NCAA in Touchdowns, 4th among BCS schools, and 1st in the conference. He ranks 14th in the NCAA in Passer Rating, 9th among BCS teams, and 3rd in the SEC.

Unless they do nothing against UT on Saturday it looks like both should make either 1st or 2nd All-SEC for a team that will finish no worse than 4-4 in conference.

Anyone else think we might see Burton or Woodson try and go pro? I don't think Woodson will...but I wouldn't be surprised to see Burton enter the draft.

It could happen with Burton but there are a bunch of good receivers that could come out this year. Samardzija, Johnson, Ginn, Breaston, Steve Smith, Baker,and Meachem. To name a few off of the top of my head. Since he's had some injury concerns I'd have to think he'd only help himself by coming back.