Keenan Burton and Andre Woodson All SEC First team?

Log Mountain Boy

He wasn't the only one who had a bad game. Like was stated earlier, wins and losses are truly a team effort.

I understand that. I was saying that if Woodson is to be blamed for the LSU loss, than Brohm can be blamed likewise. In either case, it is an unfair criticism of the QB's.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So should Brohm not be first team all Big East QB b/c he had a horrbile game against Rutgers, costing them a shot at a National Title?

No Brohm shouldn't be first team All Big East because he is currently LAST in touchdown passes amonst the starting quarterbacks in the Big East. The first team quarterback would either be Palko with 22 touchdown passes or White who has 7 to go along with 15 rushing touchdowns and 897 rushing yards.

Keep in mind while all these yards and such are great. There are two things against Woodson, one where he plays...the other coaches will not be keen on giving respect to a UK QB...the other is the fact that Leak has been splitting time, and Ainge has a running game, now add the fact that those teams are ranked much higher than UK and that's where you'll find your first team SEC QB.

think a lot will have to do with their performances at UT here in a couple of week. If both come out and lay and egg, then no chance. If both are able to rise to the occassion, then it is a possibility. Actually, it probably depends on if the o-line, et al. can elevate their game enough against UT.

Burton probably has as good a chance, if not better to be 1st team. He leads the conference in all purpose yards and is in the top 3-5 in several categories. Most of his damage has also been done in SEC play. I hope they both make it and feel they deserve it, however, Keenan may have a slightly better chance even though Andre has been outstanding this season.

Keep in mind while all these yards and such are great. There are two things against Woodson, one where he plays...the other coaches will not be keen on giving respect to a UK QB...the other is the fact that Leak has been splitting time, and Ainge has a running game, now add the fact that those teams are ranked much higher than UK and that's where you'll find your first team SEC QB.

Ainge missing atleast 2 SEC games IMO drops him way down. I think it is between Russel, Leak, and Woodson.

Laugh at me now, but I like John Parker Wilson...

158 of 278 56.8%

1996 yards

12 TDs 7 Ints

Coming into this game as a Sophomore...

Currently

9-12 128 2 TD's

in the 2nd quarter against the best Defense in the land...

Go Hoover Bucs.......I think JPW will be a fine QB the next couple of years. Still too many mental mistakes this year.