Keenan Burton and Andre Woodson All SEC First team?

Log Mountain Boy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there is some great QBs and WRs in the SEC, but I wonder what the chances are of both or 1 or the other being on the All SEC first team.

If we were to beat UT somehow and they have a big game I believe they really deserve it then.

It will be hard for Woodson to be first team, just because of the team's final record and standing. But look at the following list. Who would you say is best and who would you rather have? I'd say Woodson might be the best.

Alabama- John Parker Wilson

Arkansas- Casey Dick, Mitch Mustain

Auburn- Brandon Cox

Florida- Chris Leak

Georgia- Matthew Stafford

Kentucky- Andre Woodson

LSU- JaMarcus Russell

Ole Miss- Brent Schaeffer

Miss. State- Michael Henig

South Carolina- Blake Mitchell, Syvelle Newton

Tennessee- Erik Ainge

Vanderbilt- Chris Nickson

At WORSE, Woodson slides into the 4 spot on that list.

Considering the 3 guys I would argue COULD be put above him (Russell, Leak, Cox) have superior surrounding casts, I don't think its a poor argument to say he is better.

Woodson IS THE most improved player in the nation IMO.

At WORSE, Woodson slides into the 4 spot on that list.

Considering the 3 guys I would argue COULD be put above him (Russell, Leak, Cox) have superior surrounding casts, I don't think its a poor argument to say he is better.

Woodson IS THE most improved player in the nation IMO.

There is no possible way Brandon Cox is ahead of Woodson. He's average at best; I've never seen him look good and I've seen numerous Auburn games. Russell and Leak probably do go ahead of Woodson, but like you said, its based on superior supporting casts.

After watching Leak throw off his back foot all day earlier, I honestly think Woodson is 2nd behind only Russell.

Woodson is living up to his Elite 11 status. The young man still has some work to do, but I can honestly see him having a nice career in the NFL. He has the arm to make all the throws, and has shown an ability to stand tuff (behind a poor OL) and throw a good deep ball.

Woodson's 27/42 for 450 yards with 4 TDs and 0 INT's today was against the #19 ranked pass defense in the country in Vandy. He was solid and belongs in the grouping as one of the best in the SEC without a doubt. He has the lowest interception ratio of ANY QB in SEC history (to have thrown at least 400 passes). He is quickly becoming an excellent QB with a bigtime arm.

Woodson has just been amazing all year. Hes only had 1 bad game and that was against LSU. And while I didnt watch the game, I believe he didnt have much of a chance.

Another amazing thing about Woodson is he has done this, but I would guarantee that he gets sacked more than most QBs in the SEC.

As for Burton I just think he is amazing. He had excellent numbers as it was, and he had a kickoff return for a TD that was called back by a block in the back that had no barring on the play. He has been great all year.

Woodson has just been amazing all year. Hes only had 1 bad game and that was against LSU. And while I didnt watch the game, I believe he didnt have much of a chance.

Another amazing thing about Woodson is he has done this, but I would guarantee that he gets sacked more than most QBs in the SEC.

As for Burton I just think he is amazing. He had excellent numbers as it was, and he had a kickoff return for a TD that was called back by a block in the back that had no barring on the play. He has been great all year.

Actually, the Vanderbilt player had Micah Johnson in a chokehold on the KO Return. You wonder what these SEC Officials are looking at sometimes.

I would take Leak over Woodson, but he would fit into my top 3.

I wouldn't take leak over half the quarterbacks in the SEC. He has talent around him........and still has never impressed me. He may have just had too much hype not sure but he is doesn't have very much composure.

As for this debate........Woodson deserves a one or two but I think you will see Russell and probally Leak or Ainge even though I wouldn't agree.

There is no possible way Brandon Cox is ahead of Woodson. He's average at best; I've never seen him look good and I've seen numerous Auburn games. Russell and Leak probably do go ahead of Woodson, but like you said, its based on superior supporting casts.

If Brandon Cox was better than Woodson, I'd say Auburn could very well be undefeated right now. He has killed them in their losses.