Louisville vs. Rutgers

SLINK

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have felt this way for a while now. I realize this will paint me as a U of L homer, but I can see Louisville blowing out Rutgers, yet everyone claiming it doesn't matter because Rutgers wasn't as good as they thought.

Then I'll go ahead and say it now:

Rutgers is not as good as people say. Good team - yes, but the schedule is misleading.

Louisville's schedule is also very very questionable of a #3 ranking. I've already had my say about my feelings on UL's ranking in relation to their SOS, outside of WVU, who IMO is a 15-20 team at best.

UL - 38

Rutgers - 24

Also, IF UL goes undefeated, people say they have a great chance of making the NT, but if Rutgers does the same, with a similar schedule... then they have no chance?

I don't think that Rutger's SOS warrants a NT appearance, which shows you what I feel about UL's chance at a NT appearance.

If Rutgers scores 38 points, I'll eat my shoe...
:thumb:

Louisville could lose (I don't think they will, no matter what kind of atmosphere the kids in NJ provide) but I would be very, very shocked to see Rutgers score more on Louisville than WVU, especially since Rutgers hasn't scored more than 30 in a competitve game all season.

Also, IF UL goes undefeated, people say they have a great chance of making the NT, but if Rutgers does the same, with a similar schedule... then they have no chance?

I don't think that Rutger's SOS warrants a NT appearance, which shows you what I feel about UL's chance at a NT appearance.

There's a difference between 'deserves a NT appearance' and having a 'chance at a NT appearance.'

Louisville started high enough in the polls to make the title game.

Rutgers, no matter who they play, didn't.