Louisville vs. Rutgers

SLINK

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say Louisville by 14. Rutgers has suprised everyone and are obviously having a great year. I just think that UL has too much for them.

I agree. Rutgers is a very talented squad, but I just think that the Cards will be able to handle their pressure. I think the Cards can outscore the Knights, and I think they'll win by 10.

Let me ask this, with all the talk about UofL/WVU going undefeated and playing for the NT what about Rutgers. If they beat Louisville and run the table do they deserve a shot at the title?
Deserve, maybe. Would they get one? No.

I say Louisville eliminates that doubt. The one left on the schedule that scares me is Pitt, Tyler Palko on the right night is dangerous.

Let me ask this, with all the talk about UofL/WVU going undefeated and playing for the NT what about Rutgers. If they beat Louisville and run the table do they deserve a shot at the title?
They would deserve a shot but honestly because they started unranked there is no way they would get it. That and no team has even made the BCS National title game with four games to play that weren't in the top five.

I say Louisville eliminates that doubt. The one left on the schedule that scares me is Pitt, Tyler Palko on the right night is dangerous.

I have felt this way for a while now. I realize this will paint me as a U of L homer, but I can see Louisville blowing out Rutgers, yet everyone claiming it doesn't matter because Rutgers wasn't as good as they thought.

I really want UL to maintain their focus and pull this one off. I know they can as long as they stay focused. Brohm's comments about the Rutgers game now being the most important game in UL history shows me that the Cards are taking these 1 at a time. With that, I have to pick UL in this one.

UL 35

RU 23

I have felt this way for a while now. I realize this will paint me as a U of L homer, but I can see Louisville blowing out Rutgers, yet everyone claiming it doesn't matter because Rutgers wasn't as good as they thought.

You know that's going to be the case.

But so long as they beat them, I don't really care about what people will say... the Cards would still be 9-0.

It's a very dangerous game for UL. From what I have seen, Rutgers is a more advanced version of UC. The D is nasty, and they try to grind you down with the running game. UL SHOULD be able to outscore them, but I don't look for a lot of points...

One thing that I do like (not much though)...is that Rutgers likes to run in between the tackles and are a top 15 team rushing...the are, however, 114 in passing offense...that bodes well for the Cards...they can actually sell out against the run...and not worry as much about the pass. On the flip side, U of L has to control the ball, and the passing lanes should be open...score prediction later.