Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Homer Bailey

Featured Replies

I would play Senzel in Right Field, Schebler in CF, and Winker in Left if I had too. It is amazing that we worry about position they play yet the Big Red Machine guys played everywhere. I believe that Old Pete made the All star game at 7 different positions, I can not remember I just know it freaked me out to see that stat.

 

I like the idea of moving Scooter as well if it can help land us a starting pitcher and agree we have to spend some money, and according to management we are going too.

 

Mustang who would you like to see as manager next year>. Wish list?

  • Replies 64
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would play Senzel in Right Field, Schebler in CF, and Winker in Left if I had too. It is amazing that we worry about position they play yet the Big Red Machine guys played everywhere. I believe that Old Pete made the All star game at 7 different positions, I can not remember I just know it freaked me out to see that stat.

 

I like the idea of moving Scooter as well if it can help land us a starting pitcher and agree we have to spend some money, and according to management we are going too.

 

Mustang who would you like to see as manager next year>. Wish list?

 

Senzel has had multiple bouts of vertigo. I just wouldn't risk it with moving him to a position that involves getting turned around, potential wall crashes, etc.

 

I'd probably have Girardi at the top of my list, but I'll be content with anyone that puts an emphasis on analytics. Honestly, as long as it isn't Riggleman, I'll probably be happy.

Mark Sheldon

‏Verified account @m_sheldon

6m6 minutes ago

 

At a season ticket holder luncheon, Riggleman announced that Tyler Mahle will replace Homer Bailey in the rotation #Reds

1 reply 12 retweets 33 likes

 

Only about 5 months too late....

Don't be surprised if Homer is in the rotation at opening day next year. The sad fact is the young pitchers have not forced the Reds' hand to take Bailey out of the rotation. With the financial commitment the Reds have to Bailey, he is getting to get the nod if there is any room for debate.

Don't be surprised if Homer is in the rotation at opening day next year. The sad fact is the young pitchers have not forced the Reds' hand to take Bailey out of the rotation. With the financial commitment the Reds have to Bailey, he is getting to get the nod if there is any room for debate.

 

That's the thing. There's no room for debate. They're all better than him at this point.

That's the thing. There's no room for debate. They're all better than him at this point.

 

Is it that clear cut? I understand letting the youngsters pitch and get experience. It is definitely a good move benching Bailey the rest of the way and letting the youngsters get more innings and experience. But when next year rolls around and the Reds are going to try to compete, the young pitchers need to make it clear they are better and will give the team a better chance at winning. Personally, I haven't seen that clear cut advantage out of any of the young pitchers yet except Castillo.

 

If it was opening day tomorrow and I had to set the Reds rotation from the current roster, I would have:

 

1. Desclafani

2. Castillo

3. Harvey

4. toss up

5. toss up

 

Since it is very doubtful Harvey is here next year, that makes 3 of the starting slots a toss up. Do the Reds have 3 better starters on their roster right now than Bailey?

IMO, yes. Romano, Mahle, Reed, Stephenson, Sims, etc.

 

If you look at the numbers, there's no argument for Bailey over anyone.

  • Author
IMO, yes. Romano, Mahle, Reed, Stephenson, Sims, etc.

 

If you look at the numbers, there's no argument for Bailey over anyone.

 

Well Stephenson does have an ERA of over 9 so you could argue Bailey over him and Romano's numbers as a starter are only marginally better. But DeSclafani, Castillo, Mahle and Reed for sure.

Well Stephenson does have an ERA of over 9 so you could argue Bailey over him and Romano's numbers as a starter are only marginally better. But DeSclafani, Castillo, Mahle and Reed for sure.

 

I'd argue Stephenson's only thrown 3 games, so the ERA # is skewed. Romano's numbers aren't a ton better, but he has been better and should only continue to improve.

 

And I'm not saying Stephenson should be in the rotation at all. Simply that he's a better option, IMO, than Bailey.

They simply have to add SP this off season if they are serious about doing anything.

  • Author
They simply have to add SP this off season if they are serious about doing anything.

 

Unless they add at least 2 #1 or #2 level starters I think they're still the 4th best team in the division.

Unless they add at least 2 #1 or #2 level starters I think they're still the 4th best team in the division.

 

Probably, but they should have some cash to spend and they have assets to trade.

IMO, yes. Romano, Mahle, Reed, Stephenson, Sims, etc.

 

If you look at the numbers, there's no argument for Bailey over anyone.

 

Stephenson? I'm okay giving him a shot this September but if he is anything like what he has shown this year I say it is time to move on.

 

I am all for giving those guys Innings the rest of the season and giving them opportunity in spring training. The question is when do we say what we have seen is all we can expect?

It’s just not that hard, Homer is a low leverage reliever.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.