Homer Bailey

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67003[/ATTACH]

That's a great point. Long term, big $ contracts can actually work out well. Votto has an OBP of .419 and an OPS of .832. It is also not a coincidence that the 2 guys hitting either side of him usually are having career years because they are getting better pitches to hit (Gennett to avoid him being on base when Votto comes up and Suarez because >40% of the time there is someone on base.)

I'm sure you were going to post that AUG has traditionally been a very strong month for Votto and that he spent most of the month sidelined with an injury. Sorry if I stole your thunder.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great point. Long term, big $ contracts can actually work out well. Votto has an OBP of .419 and an OPS of .832. It is also not a coincidence that the 2 guys hitting either side of him usually are having career years because they are getting better pitches to hit (Gennett to avoid him being on base when Votto comes up and Suarez because >40% of the time there is someone on base.)

I'm sure you were going to post that AUG has traditionally been a very strong month for Votto and that he spent most of the month sidelined with an injury. Sorry if I stole your thunder.

The biggest thing I noticed is that a guy that hasn't been with the Reds in over a month still has more RBI's than Votto this season as a Red. But hey, Votto for President.

Reds gonna Red....

I will give props to all you Red fans for sticking with your team even tho they are horrible every year.

Are fans supposed to turn their back on their team when things are down? I've been a Reds fan since '74, I don't see losing seasons changing that.

If anyone thinks that he is the problem with the organization, then they have not been paying attention. I guarantee you, if we dropped him today, he would make a start for another team this year that has a better record then us.

He got the big contract because he pitched two. no hitters.

I'm yet to hear the first person say something nice about him.

I could feel bad for him if he were an upright guy, but that is obviously not the case.

He's obviously mailed it in and can't wait until the Reds cut him loose.

He got the big contract because he pitched two. no hitters.

I'm yet to hear the first person say something nice about him.

I could feel bad for him if he were an upright guy, but that is obviously not the case.

He's obviously mailed it in and can't wait until the Reds cut him loose.

I may be in the minority then of people that have met him but I've met Homer a few times and he's been nothing but pleasant each time.