Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Homer Bailey

Featured Replies

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67003[/ATTACH]

 

That's a great point. Long term, big $ contracts can actually work out well. Votto has an OBP of .419 and an OPS of .832. It is also not a coincidence that the 2 guys hitting either side of him usually are having career years because they are getting better pitches to hit (Gennett to avoid him being on base when Votto comes up and Suarez because >40% of the time there is someone on base.)

 

I'm sure you were going to post that AUG has traditionally been a very strong month for Votto and that he spent most of the month sidelined with an injury. Sorry if I stole your thunder.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a great point. Long term, big $ contracts can actually work out well. Votto has an OBP of .419 and an OPS of .832. It is also not a coincidence that the 2 guys hitting either side of him usually are having career years because they are getting better pitches to hit (Gennett to avoid him being on base when Votto comes up and Suarez because >40% of the time there is someone on base.)

 

I'm sure you were going to post that AUG has traditionally been a very strong month for Votto and that he spent most of the month sidelined with an injury. Sorry if I stole your thunder.

 

The biggest thing I noticed is that a guy that hasn't been with the Reds in over a month still has more RBI's than Votto this season as a Red. But hey, Votto for President.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67003[/ATTACH]

 

Confirmed, Joey still good.

9 homers and 57 RBI's are not good for a #3 hitter. His numbers are great for a #2 or lead off hitter however, where he should be hitting.

Reds gonna Red....

 

I will give props to all you Red fans for sticking with your team even tho they are horrible every year.

Reds gonna Red....

 

I will give props to all you Red fans for sticking with your team even tho they are horrible every year.

 

Are fans supposed to turn their back on their team when things are down? I've been a Reds fan since '74, I don't see losing seasons changing that.

Homer is not that bad.

 

He's statistically the worst starting pitcher in baseball this year with over 100 innings pitched. He's that bad, and then some...

Lance McAlister

‏Verified account @lanceMcAlister

4m4 minutes ago

 

It's been 102 days since @fccincinnati last lost a match.

It's been 116 days since #Reds last won a Homer Bailey start.

If anyone thinks that he is the problem with the organization, then they have not been paying attention. I guarantee you, if we dropped him today, he would make a start for another team this year that has a better record then us.

If anyone thinks that he is the problem with the organization, then they have not been paying attention. I guarantee you, if we dropped him today, he would make a start for another team this year that has a better record then us.

 

Guarantee you he wouldn't...

Guarantee you he wouldn't...

 

Now I do hope we drop him just to prove you wrong. :)

If anyone thinks that he is the problem with the organization, then they have not been paying attention. I guarantee you, if we dropped him today, he would make a start for another team this year that has a better record then us.

 

I'm not a betting man, but I'd take some of that action.

He got the big contract because he pitched two. no hitters.

I'm yet to hear the first person say something nice about him.

I could feel bad for him if he were an upright guy, but that is obviously not the case.

He's obviously mailed it in and can't wait until the Reds cut him loose.

I have to think that if the Reds eat the whole contract they could trade him somewhere. But I don't believe Bob wants to trade him.

 

So again, we are down to this ownership not wanting to win.

He got the big contract because he pitched two. no hitters.

I'm yet to hear the first person say something nice about him.

I could feel bad for him if he were an upright guy, but that is obviously not the case.

He's obviously mailed it in and can't wait until the Reds cut him loose.

 

I may be in the minority then of people that have met him but I've met Homer a few times and he's been nothing but pleasant each time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.