Louisville Basketball team members suing NCAA over 2013 Championship nullification.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s a weird suit and getting John Morgan as lead counsel is... interesting.

I don’t know where this is going to go, but I’ll follow it.

Don't you think Morgan approached the players about this, and not vise versa?

I don't think the players stand a chance in this one but I'm 100 percent behind anyone challenging the NCAA.

This is me. I think they lose but I don’t care. I hope they give the NCAA 1,000,000 pages of paperwork, depositions, press conferences. Just make them miserable and I’ll call it a win.

Attorneys soliciting clients are subject dis-barment unless the attorney and solicited client have a prior professional relationship with one another, are family, or have a "close personal" relationship.

Didn't know that. It seems to me that there are a lot of "Ambulance chasing" attorneys out there.

All of this a waste of tax payers money tying up our legal system.

Insert most things these judges probably see on a weekly basis.

Also, if your name was being smeared because of the actions of others, you may feel differently about it being a waste.

So if I understand, the group of players that did not receive these impermissible benefits want only themselves recognized as national champs? I am still not understanding it.

That's basically how I understand it as well. None of it makes very much sense. I can understand the wanting to "clear their names," but in the grand scheme of things even if they win, I don't see this trial changing that.

And this is not just a UL thing, but it is kind of funny that we come into cases like this saying how the NCAA is "morally corrupt," and an overall shoddy organization, yet we plead for them to validate a trophy earned under their umbrella. So we call them a joke on one hand, yet want their joke seal of approval on the other.

That's basically how I understand it as well. None of it makes very much sense. I can understand the wanting to "clear their names," but in the grand scheme of things even if they win, I don't see this trial changing that.

I know Luke was the MOP. I know UL cut down the nets. I think this is how most people look at it.

With how Rick exited I believe most throw this at his feet, clearing the reputations of the kids associated with the team. Again, getting back to my previous post, they want their names in the record books. Whose record books? The NCAA's, a corrupt organization that nobody has any respect for.