Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville Basketball team members suing NCAA over 2013 Championship nullification.

Featured Replies

It’s a weird suit and getting John Morgan as lead counsel is...

 

Stupid. Let's just call it what it is, stupid.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can the players prove the loss of the games and championships have damaged them?

Can the players prove the loss of the games and championships have damaged them?

 

It would be difficult, I'd imagine.

I don't think the players stand a chance in this one but I'm 100 percent behind anyone challenging the NCAA.

It’s a weird suit and getting John Morgan as lead counsel is... interesting.

 

I don’t know where this is going to go, but I’ll follow it.

 

Don't you think Morgan approached the players about this, and not vise versa?

  • Author
Don't you think Morgan approached the players about this, and not vise versa?

 

Attorneys soliciting clients are subject dis-barment unless the attorney and solicited client have a prior professional relationship with one another, are family, or have a "close personal" relationship.

I don't think the players stand a chance in this one but I'm 100 percent behind anyone challenging the NCAA.

 

This is me. I think they lose but I don’t care. I hope they give the NCAA 1,000,000 pages of paperwork, depositions, press conferences. Just make them miserable and I’ll call it a win.

Attorneys soliciting clients are subject dis-barment unless the attorney and solicited client have a prior professional relationship with one another, are family, or have a "close personal" relationship.

 

Didn't know that. It seems to me that there are a lot of "Ambulance chasing" attorneys out there.

All of this a waste of tax payers money tying up our legal system.

All of this a waste of tax payers money tying up our legal system.

 

Insert most things these judges probably see on a weekly basis.

 

Also, if your name was being smeared because of the actions of others, you may feel differently about it being a waste.

So if I understand, the group of players that did not receive these impermissible benefits want only themselves recognized as national champs? I am still not understanding it.

So if I understand, the group of players that did not receive these impermissible benefits want only themselves recognized as national champs? I am still not understanding it.

 

That's basically how I understand it as well. None of it makes very much sense. I can understand the wanting to "clear their names," but in the grand scheme of things even if they win, I don't see this trial changing that.

And this is not just a UL thing, but it is kind of funny that we come into cases like this saying how the NCAA is "morally corrupt," and an overall shoddy organization, yet we plead for them to validate a trophy earned under their umbrella. So we call them a joke on one hand, yet want their joke seal of approval on the other.

That's basically how I understand it as well. None of it makes very much sense. I can understand the wanting to "clear their names," but in the grand scheme of things even if they win, I don't see this trial changing that.

I know Luke was the MOP. I know UL cut down the nets. I think this is how most people look at it.

 

With how Rick exited I believe most throw this at his feet, clearing the reputations of the kids associated with the team. Again, getting back to my previous post, they want their names in the record books. Whose record books? The NCAA's, a corrupt organization that nobody has any respect for.

Of course this is easy for me to say as a fan / general observer. If I were in the middle of it my tune would maybe change.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.