Cincy Flames coach

Guest bballjunkie78

Without a doubt. I can’t imagine a thought process where the response for this situation is “pick up a bat and go after the guy”. I’d like to think he was just going over to scare the guy. I know it’s hard to ignore, but that’s just what you have to do. I also don’t get being drunk at a youth sports events.

Agreed, although I've been to a few that made me wish I was drunk.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were they actually serving alcohol at the baseball facility?

A lot of facilities that host youth events serve alcohol. It's absurd if you ask me.

I don't know what park this is, but if it's Grand Park, I don't think they serve alcohol at their concessions around their baseball fields. I do think they serve it in the indoor facility. However, parents sneak in alcohol in their tumblers all the time.

That is sad on so many levels. I thought the phase of sneaking alcohol into places ended when you got out of college and became an adult?

In facilities that allow you to bring in your own coolers and drinks, I would guesstimate that 75% of the people with tumblers have alcohol in them. Those people continually go back and forth from the field to their vehicle to refill. They're not refilling them with water or soft drinks as they would just bring their cooler in with them. I wouldn't be surprised to see some facilities ban tumblers in the near future.

I've seen a lot of other methods that parents have used to bring in alcohol. I've seen a couple moms bring in a toolbox to a youth football game as they said they were with the team, only to open the toolbox and it be full of beer on ice. I've seen parents pour their beer or liquor into their fast food cups. I've seen parents carry in what appears to be their child's equipment bag only to have beer in it.

My understanding was the drunk guy was a parent of last years kid. He didn’t have a kid on the team this year and their was an incident last year. He was just a drunk “fan” in the stands this year.

One of the linked articles above said the drunk guy's son played on the other team.