Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincy Flames coach

Featured Replies

Saw on social media where a 13U Cincy Flames coach went to the dugout grabbed a bat went after an opposing parent. Luckily he was stopped by parents from his team. What are we teaching our kids?

 

Winning is great but at the end of the day a very small portion of these kids will make money playing. Youth sports should be used as an avenue to teach these kids life skills, instead we have a likely paid coach going after another teams fans with a bat. Ridiculous!

  • Replies 31
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot more to the story..The guy he went after was an ex parent whose kid used to play on his team. The parent was really drunk and was calling the coach every expletive you can think of during the game. The coach finally had enough and went after the guy when the game was over.. The coach got fired from the Flames organization immediately.. To be honest I have seen way worse. There wasn't even a punch thrown. The guy was so drunk he fell down numerous times trying to get to the coach. The question I have is where is the tournament director and the umpire when this is going on during the game? The dad should of been kicked out way before it escalated to that point.. Gotta love Travel Baseball!!! Lol

The police should have been called and the drunk should have went to jail long before there was any type of incident.

The police should have been called and the drunk should have went to jail long before there was any type of incident.

 

...and minimize the revenue the drunks bring in......

...and minimize the revenue the drunks bring in......

 

Follow the money! :)

No matter what the fan said the coach was way out of line. The Flames removed him from their organization.

No matter what the fan said the coach was way out of line. The Flames removed him from their organization.

 

I agree but at the same time that is why you call the police, so a bad situation doesn't get worse.

I agree but at the same time that is why you call the police, so a bad situation doesn't get worse.

 

Agreed, where was security at for the event? If you are serving alcohol at an event, you better have plenty of security, I dont care if its kids baseball games.

Agreed, where was security at for the event? If you are serving alcohol at an event, you better have plenty of security, I dont care if its kids baseball games.

 

I was at a "select" baseball game a few years ago and a drunk parent started in on the coach upset about silly stuff.

 

All those places have to do is call one time so everyone can witness "so and so" getting arrested and then everyone else will fall in line. But if you are never going to call the police because you don't want any trouble or you don't want to mess with the profits then these places will have incident after incident until something serious happens.

Agreed, where was security at for the event? If you are serving alcohol at an event, you better have plenty of security, I dont care if its kids baseball games.

 

It doesn’t exist.

Agreed, where was security at for the event? If you are serving alcohol at an event, you better have plenty of security, I dont care if its kids baseball games.

 

10 years of high level travel baseball all over the Midwest and Southern states, and I've never seen security at a tournament/event.

Thanks for the explanation, still no excuse.

 

No kid should ever see a mentor pick up a baseball bat and go after someone. I understand the other parent out of line, but there are much better ways to handle the situation.

thanks for the explanation, still no excuse.

 

No kid should ever see a mentor pick up a baseball bat and go after someone. I understand the other parent out of line, but there are much better ways to handle the situation.

 

Without a doubt. I can’t imagine a thought process where the response for this situation is “pick up a bat and go after the guy”. I’d like to think he was just going over to scare the guy. I know it’s hard to ignore, but that’s just what you have to do. I also don’t get being drunk at a youth sports events.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.