Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

More Michigan State Rape Allegations

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think he can or should if he in any way knew of this.

 

"He should have known."

"There's no way he didn't know."

 

--Everybody on Rick Pitino

"He should have known."

"There's no way he didn't know."

 

--Everybody on Rick Pitino

 

If these reports are true, I have a hard time believing it wasn't brought to his attention at some point.

"He should have known."

"There's no way he didn't know."

 

--Everybody on Rick Pitino

 

I'm of the notion that every head coach of every team knows everything that is happening with their team. These guys claim to work 22 hours a day and are insane control freaks - you know they know what is happening. That doesn't mean they condone it, encourage it, are standing right there when it happens, or that they wouldn't try to hide anything that happens - but I feel like if a gang rape (or any other nefarious action) happens with players involved they'll know about it pretty quickly. How they handle it then becomes another issue.

I'm of the notion that every head coach of every team knows everything that is happening with their team. These guys claim to work 22 hours a day and are insane control freaks - you know they know what is happening. That doesn't mean they condone it, encourage it, are standing right there when it happens, or that they wouldn't try to hide anything that happens - but I feel like if a gang rape (or any other nefarious action) happens with players involved they'll know about it pretty quickly. How they handle it then becomes another issue.

 

I agree. There may be a remote chance some coach somewhere doesn't find out about a particular incident, but not often.

Understand your point. I also think there is soo much pressure on blue chip programs that none of them are clean.

 

Yeah but there is a huge difference in breaking NCAA Rules and covering up Rape charges.

Legacies are being damaged.

 

"LEGACIES are being damaged"? IF this proves to be true, the LAST thing I worry about is Michigan State's legacy! :irked:

PP92, I've not kept up like I should with this but I don't recall Izzo having too many problems with his program in the past. Or am I totally misinformed?

 

Neither had Paterno, but when there is a system in place to sweep everything under the carpet it sometimes takes a while for things to come out.

 

Understand your point. I also think there is soo much pressure on blue chip programs that none of them are clean.

 

They might not all be clean, but I doubt that they are all involved in covering up rape.

 

Yeah but there is a huge difference in breaking NCAA Rules and covering up Rape charges.

 

 

Truth. This isn’t the first time MSU basketball players have been accused of rape and it being covered up by the school. There are multiple incidents of MSU basketball players being accused of rape and it being covered up and like JD said, Izzo looked sketchy when he was questioned about it. This report today is extremely troubling. No way he didn’t know about it. How many possible cases of rape has Izzo turned a blind eye to? How can he sleep at night knowing he hasn’t ever addressed it until confronted about it? And to add to that, some folks criticized the journalist who asked him the questions.

Yeah but there is a huge difference in breaking NCAA Rules and covering up Rape charges.

 

Got it.

"LEGACIES are being damaged"? IF this proves to be true, the LAST thing I worry about is Michigan State's legacy! :irked:

 

Didn't say it was a bad thing. And it's not Michigan State's legacy, but Izzo.

 

If this goes down we have had some major coaches have their names tarnished forever recently.

Truth. This isn’t the first time MSU basketball players have been accused of rape and it being covered up by the school. There are multiple incidents of MSU basketball players being accused of rape and it being covered up and like JD said, Izzo looked sketchy when he was questioned about it. This report today is extremely troubling. No way he didn’t know about it. How many possible cases of rape has Izzo turned a blind eye to? How can he sleep at night knowing he hasn’t ever addressed it until confronted about it? And to add to that, some folks criticized the journalist who asked him the questions.

 

I'm with PP92, I don't think Izzo survives much longer at MSU.

Didn't say it was a bad thing. And it's not Michigan State's legacy, but Izzo.

 

If this goes down we have had some major coaches have their names tarnished forever recently.

 

I don't want anyone tarnished with a broad brush. Maybe your " Major Coaches" should be more vigilant of their players. Don't Coaches and Recruiters tell parents, when they offer scholarships, they will take care of their child (young adult)?

I don't want anyone tarnished with a broad brush. Maybe your " Major Coaches" should be more vigilant of their players. Don't Coaches and Recruiters tell parents, when they offer scholarships, they will take care of their child (young adult)?

 

They certainly aren't my coaches.

 

You can take issue with what I said, doesn't change that its a fact.

Michigan State settled for $500,000,000 with 332 victims. Seems to me as if MSU got off cheap at just over a $1,000,000 per.

  • Author
Michigan State settled for $500,000,000 with 332 victims. Seems to me as if MSU got off cheap at just over a $1,000,000 per.

 

That was just for Larry Nassar's victims wasn't it?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.