• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"He should have known."

"There's no way he didn't know."

--Everybody on Rick Pitino

I'm of the notion that every head coach of every team knows everything that is happening with their team. These guys claim to work 22 hours a day and are insane control freaks - you know they know what is happening. That doesn't mean they condone it, encourage it, are standing right there when it happens, or that they wouldn't try to hide anything that happens - but I feel like if a gang rape (or any other nefarious action) happens with players involved they'll know about it pretty quickly. How they handle it then becomes another issue.

I'm of the notion that every head coach of every team knows everything that is happening with their team. These guys claim to work 22 hours a day and are insane control freaks - you know they know what is happening. That doesn't mean they condone it, encourage it, are standing right there when it happens, or that they wouldn't try to hide anything that happens - but I feel like if a gang rape (or any other nefarious action) happens with players involved they'll know about it pretty quickly. How they handle it then becomes another issue.

I agree. There may be a remote chance some coach somewhere doesn't find out about a particular incident, but not often.

PP92, I've not kept up like I should with this but I don't recall Izzo having too many problems with his program in the past. Or am I totally misinformed?

Neither had Paterno, but when there is a system in place to sweep everything under the carpet it sometimes takes a while for things to come out.

Understand your point. I also think there is soo much pressure on blue chip programs that none of them are clean.

They might not all be clean, but I doubt that they are all involved in covering up rape.

Yeah but there is a huge difference in breaking NCAA Rules and covering up Rape charges.

Truth. This isn’t the first time MSU basketball players have been accused of rape and it being covered up by the school. There are multiple incidents of MSU basketball players being accused of rape and it being covered up and like JD said, Izzo looked sketchy when he was questioned about it. This report today is extremely troubling. No way he didn’t know about it. How many possible cases of rape has Izzo turned a blind eye to? How can he sleep at night knowing he hasn’t ever addressed it until confronted about it? And to add to that, some folks criticized the journalist who asked him the questions.

"LEGACIES are being damaged"? IF this proves to be true, the LAST thing I worry about is Michigan State's legacy! :irked:

Didn't say it was a bad thing. And it's not Michigan State's legacy, but Izzo.

If this goes down we have had some major coaches have their names tarnished forever recently.

Truth. This isn’t the first time MSU basketball players have been accused of rape and it being covered up by the school. There are multiple incidents of MSU basketball players being accused of rape and it being covered up and like JD said, Izzo looked sketchy when he was questioned about it. This report today is extremely troubling. No way he didn’t know about it. How many possible cases of rape has Izzo turned a blind eye to? How can he sleep at night knowing he hasn’t ever addressed it until confronted about it? And to add to that, some folks criticized the journalist who asked him the questions.

I'm with PP92, I don't think Izzo survives much longer at MSU.

Didn't say it was a bad thing. And it's not Michigan State's legacy, but Izzo.

If this goes down we have had some major coaches have their names tarnished forever recently.

I don't want anyone tarnished with a broad brush. Maybe your " Major Coaches" should be more vigilant of their players. Don't Coaches and Recruiters tell parents, when they offer scholarships, they will take care of their child (young adult)?

I don't want anyone tarnished with a broad brush. Maybe your " Major Coaches" should be more vigilant of their players. Don't Coaches and Recruiters tell parents, when they offer scholarships, they will take care of their child (young adult)?

They certainly aren't my coaches.

You can take issue with what I said, doesn't change that its a fact.

• 1 month later...