Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

More Michigan State Rape Allegations

Featured Replies

Three Players from Michigan State 2015 Final Four Team Accused of Rape

 

Three Michigan State basketball players raped a student in 2015, one week after the Final Four loss to Duke, and the university coerced the woman not to report it to authorities, according to a federal lawsuit filed Monday.

 

The case, which was filed in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan Southern Division, alleges three unnamed players — identified only as John Doe 1, 2 and 3 — took the 18-year-old student, Jane Doe, home from an East Lansing bar between the evening of April 11, 2015 and the morning of April 12.

 

The woman never reported the alleged sexual assault to police, said Karen Truszkowski, the woman’s attorney. But according to the lawsuit, the woman did report the incident to a counselor at the Michigan State University Counseling Center, which she claims failed to properly advise her and even implied it would not be in her "best interest to report the incident to law enforcement."

 

What happened at Louisville is bad, but what Izzo has allowed to go on in East Lansing is disgusting. At what point do they finally say enough is enough?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened at UofL doesn't even come close to this.

 

"...and the university coerced the woman not to report it to authorities."

 

Yikes.

  • Author
What happened at UofL doesn't even come close to this.

 

"...and the university coerced the woman not to report it to authorities."

 

Yikes.

 

Agreed, and that was my point. UofL cleaned house because of what happened there. Michigan State just keeps on keeping on like nothing occurred, and it's 100x worse.

Agreed, and that was my point. UofL cleaned house because of what happened there. Michigan State just keeps on keeping on like nothing occurred, and it's 100x worse.

 

It will be interesting to see how much it's covered nationally, for sure.

It will be interesting to see how much it's covered nationally, for sure.

 

It was one of the top stories on USA Today, so I would say they are not off to a glowing start if they want to stay under the radar.

What happened at UofL doesn't even come close to this.

 

"...and the university coerced the woman not to report it to authorities."

 

Yikes.

 

I can't recommend enough the book Missoula by Jon Krakauer when it comes to rape on college campuses, especially by athletes, and how institutions deal with (or in many cases deflect or don't deal with at all) campus rate. It is unreal.

 

51uAquJaFEL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

MSU is approaching a Penn State type controversy.

MSU is approaching a Penn State type controversy.
Id say more like Baylor.
I’m not sure how Izzo survives this.

 

PP92, I've not kept up like I should with this but I don't recall Izzo having too many problems with his program in the past. Or am I totally misinformed?

I’m not sure how Izzo survives this.

 

I don't think he can or should if he in any way knew of this.

 

I will say this, he sure looked sketchy and nervous as heck when asked about prior situations a few months ago.

PP92, I've not kept up like I should with this but I don't recall Izzo having too many problems with his program in the past. Or am I totally misinformed?

 

Neither had Paterno, but when there is a system in place to sweep everything under the carpet it sometimes takes a while for things to come out.

Neither had Paterno, but when there is a system in place to sweep everything under the carpet it sometimes takes a while for things to come out.

 

Understand your point. I also think there is soo much pressure on blue chip programs that none of them are clean.

Understand your point. I also think there is soo much pressure on blue chip programs that none of them are clean.

 

They might not all be clean, but I doubt that they are all involved in covering up rape.

They might not all be clean, but I doubt that they are all involved in covering up rape.

 

I agree. I was just making a general observation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.