Rush Limbaugh Accuses Michael J Fox of exaggerating his disease!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you heard what Limbaugh really said you know the article is distorted. But, then, what would you expect from the source? On the other hand, it is rather disconcerting that so many people believe this stuff merely because it is posted.

In reality (ie: truth), if you heard the comments you know that Limbaugh was quite gratious toward Fox. He did, rightfully, question Fox's timing and intent as well as the impression Fox tried to make that stem cells were a cureall. There is no evidence of that and Fox knows it. He is hunting anything that might help his condition and I find no fault with that. However, he is needs to come clean that his statement is "wishing and hoping" rather than scientifically factual.

If you heard what Limbaugh really said you know the article is distorted. But, then, what would you expect from the source? On the other hand, it is rather disconcerting that so many people believe this stuff merely because it is posted.

In reality (ie: truth), if you heard the comments you know that Limbaugh was quite gratious toward Fox. He did, rightfully, question Fox's timing and intent as well as the impression Fox tried to make that stem cells were a cureall. There is no evidence of that and Fox knows it. He is hunting anything that might help his condition and I find no fault with that. However, he is needs to come clean that his statement is "wishing and hoping" rather than scientifically factual.

:lol:

When a link was posted about Mark Warner's allegations, I pointed out it was from a less than credible source. When I asked for other links, no one could provide them from credible sites. Now some are upset that this Limbaugh link is from an incredible source. As Daffy Duck said: "It is to laugh."

(BTW, I too think the link to Limbaugh is slanted and the issues of Fox wanting to ignore all the dimensions of the debate are worth discussion. I just find it funny when it's okay and not okay to believe an outside source)

Rush Limbaugh will accuse anyone on the other side of the aisle of anything to further his point of view. The guy is a living, breathing conspiracy theory.
Wants those ratings, doesn't he....

I'd soon watch someone trim their toenails, then listen to his putrid comments about anyone.

I'll decline the debate over the credibility of either the source of the link, or the inherent slant against Limbaugh.

The second point of your post, however, begs the question. Fox isn't claiming that stem cell research is a cureall, or that it will save "millions of lives". His point is that we need to fund it, to find out where it takes us. Like any scientific research, it may lead nowhere, it may take 20 years to appreciate any substantial discoveries, or it may pay off almost immediately with a ton of medical cures for a wide range of conditions that humans suffer from. Regardless of what lies down that road, one thing is certain - if we don't explore it, NOTHING will come of it.

THAT is the point that the proponents of stem cell research are arguing for.

As for the timing of Michael J. Fox's ad, why would anyone think it was anything other than what it is? He (being a thinking individual) understands full well that we are fast approaching an election that can have a huge impact on this issue - which is, for obvious reasons - close to his heart. Why would anyone expect him not to voice his opinion on this subject?????

Frances

In reality (ie: truth), if you heard the comments you know that Limbaugh was quite gratious toward Fox.

I heard Limbaugh's comments ... he didn't sound very gracious toward Fox to me. He openly speculated whether or not Fox was not taking his medication to deliberately accentuate his condition and attract support for the stem-cell research cause.

I heard Limbaugh's comments ... he didn't sound very gracious toward Fox to me. He openly speculated whether or not Fox was not taking his medication to deliberately accentuate his condition and attract support for the stem-cell research cause.

I don't listen to him or like him; however, what is wrong with that speculation? Also, if true, what would be wrong with Fox doing that?

Well, according to the link, Limbaugh may have made up a comment attributed to Fox about his sometimes not taking medication to accentuate his condition. I wouldn't doubt for a minute that Limbaugh just concocted it.

More or less, he accused Fox of doing it ... and probably without any evidence other than his own twisted thinking.