Corbin vs. Garrard Co.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hounds looked listless against both Wayne and Casey. Garrad is probably the worst of the three, so the Hounds should sleepwalk their way to a win in this one as well.

If they keep that up they may just go into early hibernation this year. That may not sit too well with the guys down at the Dixie or Buckners or wherever they mingle at since that Fresh Mart went stale.

If they keep that up they may just go into early hibernation this year. That may not sit too well with the guys down at the Dixie or Buckners or wherever they mingle at since that Fresh Mart went stale.

Hibernation begins after a couple of playoff wins against bad teams and a loss to a respectable team. 7W - 6L ... Par for the course for Corbin nowadays.

Unless I'm mistaken, Corbin has already clinched the #1 seed and Garrard Co. will be #4 no matter what happens this week, so these two will have to play each other two weeks in a row. Will that change how either of these teams approach this week's game?

Unless I'm mistaken, Corbin has already clinched the #1 seed and Garrard Co. will be #4 no matter what happens this week, so these two will have to play each other two weeks in a row. Will that change how either of these teams approach this week's game?

You're right, 4chs, no matter what happens, Garrard County will play at Corbin next week in the playoffs.

Maybe Corbin will alter their gameplan a bit. With the struggles that Garrard County has had this year, I look for them to play this game just like any other. They might save a couple wrinkles for the playoffs, but I doubt it.

Does anyone know how the playoff format will be this year for Corbin.

I'm definately looking ahead and am just going to use the favorites for this example.

Region 2 District 4

Round 1

#4 Garrard County @ #1 Corbin

#3 Casey County @ #2 Wayne County

Round 2

#2 Wayne County @ #1 Corbin

Now here is where I get confused.

In the past Corbin would play the #1 team from District 3 (remember I'm just going by favorite and not factoring upsets).

With this new shake up in the playoffs doesn't it change and couldn't play someone from Region 1, 2, 3, or 4 depending on the roatation? Who is it looking like they play in Round 3, 4, and 5 if Corbin were to keep winning. Just use favorites if you don't mind to keep it simple.

Corbin goes east in the 3rd round. Besides what do you know about what is acceptable for Corbin nowadays. You don't.

With all due respect, if you think for an instance that starting the year off going 0 and 5 (last year), starting 0 and 3 (this year); losing 5 (going to be 6) games per year, losing four consecutive years to South, 3 straight losses to Bell County, thrown in with embarssing performances such as Middlesboro are acceptable, then you are either blind, or wanting to kiss up to those responsible for this mess.

Heck, it took us 4 games to beat a rebuilding single A team at home by 13 points. Pulaski Co. has only won 2 games and we can only muster 23 points against each district opponent (We haven't beaten a quality opponent in two years!). My queestion to you is, given the facts above, how can this scenerio be acceptable for Redhound Football?

Its Not!!!!!!