Chris Mack to Louisville (Rumor)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louisville will pay a ton and it is an elite program, even with the present baggage.

But don't tell Deuce I said that.

How do they keep coming up with that kind of money? Isn't the YUM center essentially bankrupt? Will they owe Pitino money? They must have much deeper pockets than they let on.

No doubt. I think we’d have to make an offer he can’t refuse. As in More than doubling his salary, plus something like a 7-8 year deal with a massive buy out.

So what if Pitino wins his lawsuit against the school, the Yum center goes bankrupt, etc. Where do they pull the money from to pay Mack an absurd amount of money? Education? I wouldn't put it past them but don't really see them throwing that clkknd of cash around at the moment given the circumstances. That would simply be bad economics.

So what if Pitino wins his lawsuit against the school, the Yum center goes bankrupt, etc. Where do they pull the money from to pay Mack an absurd amount of money? Education? I wouldn't put it past them but don't really see them throwing that clkknd of cash around at the moment given the circumstances. That would simply be bad economics.

Just in terms of what you’ve brought up, I’ve been led to believe that the city is mostly on the hook for the Yum!

I don’t know what happens with the Pitino situation. I don’t know the implications for paying him.

Outside of that, I won’t pretend to be our accountant. We’ve seemingly got the resources, and numbers like 4 million and 8 years have been thrown out there by people much more in the know than me.

Just in terms of what you’ve brought up, I’ve been led to believe that the city is mostly on the hook for the Yum!

I don’t know what happens with the Pitino situation. I don’t know the implications for paying him.

Outside of that, I won’t pretend to be our accountant. We’ve seemingly got the resources, and numbers like 4 million and 8 years have been thrown out there by people much more in the know than me.

The State is on the hook for the yum center, not the city of Louisville. As a tax payer that rarely ever visits Louisville, you're welcome for my contribution.

If Pitino wins the lawsuit, UL has to pay out the remainder of his contract, likely attorney fees as well.

As far as 4 mil for 8 years goes I'm sure Xavier will counter that and if it's even close Mack would be best off if he stayed where he is. He has Xavier on the up and up which is the opposite of Louisville.

As far as 4 mil for 8 years goes I'm sure Xavier will counter that and if it's even close Mack would be best off if he stayed where he is. He has Xavier on the up and up which is the opposite of Louisville.

X couldn't come within 12 million of that even if they wanted to. You have a bad grasp on the economic gap between the P5 and everyone else...

The State is on the hook for the yum center, not the city of Louisville. As a tax payer that rarely ever visits Louisville, you're welcome for my contribution.

If Pitino wins the lawsuit, UL has to pay out the remainder of his contract, likely attorney fees as well.

Well death and taxes you know? Your fault for living lol.

Like I said, I’m not privy to UofL’s finances. Other people that are more in tune than I have used those numbers. Be skeptical if you want.

I’d also be interested in what Xavier could counter with. I’m not sure How it stacks up in comparison, considering other up and coming coaches have left the program in the past.

X couldn't come within 12 million of that even if they wanted to. You have a bad grasp on the economic gap between the P5 and everyone else...

Just looking at it from the aspect of what UL "could" owe if their cards don't fall right.

If Pitino wins the lawsuit that's one thing, but it's not a huge hit unless it's all paid at once. But the Yum Center, if it goes bankrupt, I believe somehow they worked it out so that they had dibs to buy it, but what's that gonna cost them? Then pay Mack well more than anyone else would on top of all if that?

I completely understand the differences between power 5 schools, particularly schools like UL over the other schools. But at some point you have to look forward and look at reducing debt, rather than increasing it. Particularly when you're in UL"s situation. Maybe I'm wrong, spend, spend, spend and then let the state figure out the bankruptcies is the best ideal. I'm pretty sure Bevin has already changed that though.

From what I understand (probably incorrect) the bloom is off the rose with Mr. Deep Pockets. Has swung too much weight over the years and large pushback has begun in the trenches. All things considered, the U.L. Job going forward could be a career disaster for an aspiring coach. Better get it upfront, because the victories, elite recruits, NCAA tournaments, job security, and dependable support from key administrators may be few and far between.

I do believe this is fake news at this point to disrupt Xavier's potential deep run.

Boo hoo. The City of Louisville FUNNELS money into the state and gets little in return. You’re welcome for our contributions.

Can you show me how the Yum has directly affected you?

And The Yum Center isn’t going bankrupt, so you can let go of that pipe dream.