Chris Mack to Louisville (Rumor)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JD trying to convince himself that Chris Mack to Louisville would be a bad idea is precious. :lol2:

I'm just looking at it objectively since I don't have a dog in the fight. While I don't believe UL is going to disappear like Indiana has, there are still a lot of uncertainties with UL going forward at the moment. Given the current talent level as well as the scholarship reductions, it could take some time for them to become competitive in the ACC again. Are the Card fans going to give him the time needed to right the ship or will they be calling for his head in three years? My thought is that some will, others won't. He doesn't have that issue at Xavier however.

What happens with the current FBI investigation involving Pitino? Does UL get hammered again for that? As far as I know there is no current investigation at Xavier, so that's another thing he currently has going for him at Xavier.

Another question to ask yourself when taking a job like that is what is the situation in the front office, the board of trustees, president, athletic director, etc. Is it stable at Xavier, I honestly don't know, but we all know the answer to that question as far as Louisville goes.

In all honesty the only current advantage i can see that UL has over Xavier is money. Mack can certainly use that to his advantage now and get a nice pay raise from Xavier. How much, who knows?

Give it some time and UL will be one of the top jobs in the cointry, once again. But until the title "interm" is removed from the high level positions and the NCAA investigation is over, it's a lateral move at best, with much less job security.

I'm just looking at it objectively since I don't have a dog in the fight. While I don't believe UL is going to disappear like Indiana has, there are still a lot of uncertainties with UL going forward at the moment. Given the current talent level as well as the scholarship reductions, it could take some time for them to become competitive in the ACC again. Are the Card fans going to give him the time needed to right the ship or will they be calling for his head in three years? My thought is that some will, others won't. He doesn't have that issue at Xavier however.

What happens with the current FBI investigation involving Pitino? Does UL get hammered again for that? As far as I know there is no current investigation at Xavier, so that's another thing he currently has going for him at Xavier.

Another question to ask yourself when taking a job like that is what is the situation in the front office, the board of trustees, president, athletic director, etc. Is it stable at Xavier, I honestly don't know, but we all know the answer to that question as far as Louisville goes.

In all honesty the only current advantage i can see that UL has over Xavier is money. Mack can certainly use that to his advantage now and get a nice pay raise from Xavier. How much, who knows?

Give it some time and UL will be one of the top jobs in the cointry, once again. But until the title "interm" is removed from the high level positions and the NCAA investigation is over, it's a lateral move at best, with much less job security.

Regardless of what is going on currently at UofL, which will be compensated for by money and length of contract, calling it a lateral move is asinine, at best. That's really all that needs to be said. You can keep looking for reasons as to why he shouldn't take the job if you'd like. Not really sure what your motive is, but knock yourself out. :lol2:

I get that, but I'm sure Xavier would counter offer and while they may not have the money to throw around that UL does, I'm sure they have enough that he could live a comfortable life and continue on with building his career.

True but he could live an extravagant life and be able to build his career much more at U of L. Not sure what he really wants but the lure of an elite program can't be discounted.

This could all be garbage as well but I spoke with somebody the other day who has very close ties to the program who said Chris Mack to Louisville is essentially a done deal and they will be keeping Padgett on as an assistant. Once again, people seem to throw these things around but he seemed very confident.

This could all be garbage as well but I spoke with somebody the other day who has very close ties to the program who said Chris Mack to Louisville is essentially a done deal and they will be keeping Padgett on as an assistant. Once again, people seem to throw these things around but he seemed very confident.

While I believe this will be the case, very few people know at this point and I doubt the people that really know are talking.

Just to you point on talent level, I don’t think we are really in dire straits, at least where we are sitting now.

We have a really talented freshmen crew, Spanding and Adel will likely stick around for their senior year, VJ King is only a sophomore, and we have Steven Enoch who becomes eligible next year.

If we landed someone like Chris Mack, I think he’d be able to salvage something in terms of this recruiting class from players already recruited to play for him.