Uber and Lyft drivers making $3.37/hr

ManOfTroy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did they lose 5.2 billion? Is that vs their previously projected revenues?

From the Great Google Machine and CNBC:

Uber missed expectations on the top and bottom lines, reporting a loss per share of $4.72 versus an expected loss of $3.12 per share. It reported revenue of $3.17 billion versus $3.36 billion expected by Wall Street. The company said the $5.2 billion loss during the quarter was largely due to stock-based compensation.

From the Great Google Machine and CNBC:

Uber missed expectations on the top and bottom lines, reporting a loss per share of $4.72 versus an expected loss of $3.12 per share. It reported revenue of $3.17 billion versus $3.36 billion expected by Wall Street. The company said the $5.2 billion loss during the quarter was largely due to stock-based compensation.

Guru's info made me do a little research, seems with the initial IPO that the previous private company had $3.9billion in stock options and RSOs that get expensed. This # will be reduced in future reporting periods to about $500million and creates favorable optimism. Although the bottom line was less than anticipated the market price at $42 seems to be holding.

I wonder how much the scooter companies are hurting them. I was in Dallas and San Antonio last week and we used scooters for trips that would have likely gone to Uber prior to them showing up all over downtown.

I don’t know, but those Scooters are accidents waiting to happen. I see near accidents almost daily walking downtown.