Uber and Lyft drivers making $3.37/hr

ManOfTroy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a couple of others doing it that the airport part of this business is solid money for the drivers.

I can see how it could be easy money. Last time I flew a few weeks ago, I got caught during a “surge” time. When I got off the plane, my fare would have been about $24. By the time I had gotten my bags, the fare jumped to over $50 for both Uber and Lyft. I waited a bit and it did drop, but I still ended up paying $39, which is $15-$20 more than I usually pay. I live about 14 miles from the airport. You catch a few surge fares, and the money can add up quick.

I've considered doing this for quite some time. I have a buddy I work with that does it for Lyft and says it really is easy money.

With that said I'm not certain I can let someone I have never met in my backseat these days. I know that the incidents are rare and what not but the service is still too new for me. Call me jaded I suppose.

I've considered doing this for quite some time. I have a buddy I work with that does it for Lyft and says it really is easy money.

With that said I'm not certain I can let someone I have never met in my backseat these days. I know that the incidents are rare and what not but the service is still too new for me. Call me jaded I suppose.

Everyone has been super nice so far. But not sure about the 2am crew.

• 2 months later...