Uber and Lyft drivers making $3.37/hr

ManOfTroy

Not to distract too far from the original topic, but has anyone tried driving for Uber eats? I have a couple of expenses that I would like to make a little extra on the side to pay for. Like an extra $150/ month so nothing crazy. I don’t like the idea of drunk people riding in my car so Uber may be out of the question.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to distract too far from the original topic, but has anyone tried driving for Uber eats? I have a couple of expenses that I would like to make a little extra on the side to pay for. Like an extra $150/ month so nothing crazy. I don’t like the idea of drunk people riding in my car so Uber may be out of the question.

My fiance has a family member who does and he was telling me about it the other day. He seems to like it , does a few hours late at night when he gets off work. I was very surprised at how many people order food so late on weekdays.

I don't know about the driving but I know as a customer Door Dash is better than uber eats.

I don't know about the driving but I know as a customer Door Dash is better than uber eats.

I prefer Doordash to other food delivery apps. They have the cheapest delivery fee. I probably haven't used UberEats in a long time because a delivery fee is expensive like $5.99 or so. It was nice when it first started in the Cincinnati area as the delivery fee was free. I ordered it about every other day, now I am too cheap to spend an extra 5 or 6 dollars

I did/do. Usually on Saturdays and Friday nights depending on the delivery boost. There have been several times I’ve made $200 plus but it was about 6 hours.

Basically you get an “alert” and have about 15 seconds to accept. Once accepted it’ll GPS you to the restaurant and you go in and get then when you begin delivery it’ll GPS you the route it wants you to take. It’s paid by time, distance, drop off and the bonus that would be going on. I make typically $7-8 on avg per delivery. I’ve made as high as $27 and low as $4. You get tips as well but not every time.

I was looking for something more specific... Like what days and times you worked. Curious to see how it compares to Louisville.

Well yesterday I started at 3pm to 6pm then again at 9:30 till 2am and made $200 dollars. Saturday I worked from 7pm to my last ride was 2am. Then the blizzard hit lol and made $189.