Uber and Lyft drivers making $3.37/hr

ManOfTroy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you just pick and choose when you want to give someone a ride? IF so, would you not only select routes close to your home?

You can really only control where you pick someone up... You have no idea where they are going when you accept the fare.

So a driver could potentially pick up a fare in Cincinnati and the passenger could be heading to, say, Pittsburgh?

Yes. Now, it will tell you that it's a long distance fare when you accept, but you don't actually know where they are going until they get in the car.

I've known a couple different people that have gone from Louisville to Cincy or Louisville to Nashville.

Yes. Now, it will tell you that it's a long distance fare when you accept, but you don't actually know where they are going until they get in the car.

I've known a couple different people that have gone from Louisville to Cincy or Louisville to Nashville.

So if I'm en route with them from Cincy to Nashville, and I get sick around Louisville, there is no just stopping and telling them to get out?

So when you get a notice from Uber or Lyft, all you get is the name and pic of the rider along with the pick up spot and how far you will be going?

The name and where you are picking them up. The only time you have any idea how long the ride will be is when it's considered a long distance fare. Only after you pick them up and indicate you've picked them up can you navigate to the destination.