Uber and Lyft drivers making $3.37/hr

ManOfTroy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surge pricing. Easy to make decent money on big holidays like that.

For sure. That surge pricing happens on busy days at the airport as well. Recently, I got caught in surge pricing back in October. Usually, an Uber trip from the airport to my house is $20-$25 (about a 13-14 mile trip). I checked while we were rolling up to the gate, but didn't book because we had to wait for our gate to clear. By the time I had picked up my bags, the price had surged to well over $50. I ended up waiting a little while, and while it went down some, it still cost me $35 to get home. I can see how drivers can make some decent coin if they are willing to work the busy times

For sure. That surge pricing happens on busy days at the airport as well. Recently, I got caught in surge pricing back in October. Usually, an Uber trip from the airport to my house is $20-$25 (about a 13-14 mile trip). I checked while we were rolling up to the gate, but didn't book because we had to wait for our gate to clear. By the time I had picked up my bags, the price had surged to well over $50. I ended up waiting a little while, and while it went down some, it still cost me $35 to get home. I can see how drivers can make some decent coin if they are willing to work the busy times

I usually stay away from the airport to many drivers are out there. The best places are UC and Xavier. Also I have learned Lyft is usually cheaper than Uber.

Unless you’re driving multiple cars at the same

time, you’re not making $500 every Saturday.

I have made over $200 in 8 hours plenty of times. I dont think you realize how many people lyft and uber in the Cincinnati area.

Edited by CollegefootballGuy69

I have made over $200 in 8 hours plenty of times. I dont think you realize how many people lyft and uber in the Cincinnati area.

8 hours of driving is a lot of gas and mileage on a car.

What is your actual profit?

Edited by HammerTime

He’s not making $500 profit on any regular Saturday, and definitely not every Saturday. There aren’t enough hours in the day.

If I started at 12:01am Saturday morning and worked till 11:59 pm Saturday night I woukd make over $500. My car gets close to 40 miles to a gallon.

Only cost me $20 dollars to fill up.

The last two times I went to Florida, I took an Uber from the airport. Both times my driver was an older retired person, and both times they gave me their numbers and offered to take me back to the airport “off the clock” at a cheaper rate. Both said they build up their own clientele on the side, mostly driving business people to and from the airport. The money is good, and you don’t have to worry about a drunk throwing up in your car.

I am curious to know what Uber/Lift would do if they knew.

BTW, last time I was there, I did call the guy (two days before) because I had a 4 am flight and was worried I couldn’t find a regular Uber at the hour. The guys agreed to come but forgot that morning. Almost missed my flight waiting on him, and then using Uber anyway.