FBI wiretaps show Sean Miller discussed $100K payment to lock recruit

All State Baseball

ESPN doubles down also and says they are sticking with most of the report...I think the only part they have backed off of is, which player was being dicussed.

Either Sean is playing the deny, deny, deny game and is lying...after all what does he have to lose if he did it?

or

ESPN was wreckless and Schlabach's career and that of his editors that have now doubled down will soon be over.

So do we trust the coach or the reporter?

He's on multiple wire taps, some of which with Dawkins. No idea what they have on those recording gs, but they exist and Miller knows it. No way it's about Ayton, and that's a major fact for ESPN to screw up...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's on multiple wire taps, some of which with Dawkins. No idea what they have on those recording gs, but they exist and Miller knows it. No way it's about Ayton, and that's a major fact for ESPN to screw up...

So he basically fed everyone a load of horse crap yesterday?

If Miller knows it, why is he coming out so strong? Hoping to bluster his way through it?

So he basically fed everyone a load of horse crap yesterday?

Being on the wiretap alone doesn’t constitute guilt. Just that he took calls from Dawkins while the FBI had him tapped. If he knows he didn’t do any dirty business with him, I can see him going out guns blazing...

Being on the wiretap alone doesn’t constitute guilt. Just that he took calls from Dawkins while the FBI had him tapped. If he knows he didn’t do any dirty business with him, I can see him going out guns blazing...

Gotcha. I thought he said that he never spoke with Dawkins, but I may have misheard.

Bilas and that whole College Gameday crew moreso than anyone I heard were the ones that really were digging Miller's grave barely 24 hours after news broke. I would like to see them come out with guns ablazin on their employer if this in fact fake news created by ESPN

Is there a chance that Miller is totally innocent? Could he have injected himself into this pit (to insulate the program....saying any money deals go through me to shutoff any grimy deals from happening and tainting the program?????). Just hoping it is what happened.

The state of the general public's "trust" in ESPN is pretty low. Saw a twitter poll this morning that over 2/3 of people believed Miller was telling the truth and ESPN was lying. That's unreal. 2/3 of people don't believe a "sourced" report about a college basketball coach cheating.

The fact that ESPN is already backing off of some of the report leads me to believe more may be wrong as well. If you are going to come out and say the FBI has Miller on a wiretap saying what is alleged about Ayton and you are already now saying it was not about Ayton, that is a HUGE swing and miss. This is no minor issue. I wish Ayton could sue ESPN and the reporter but it is very difficult to win these sorts of lawsuits.

That is a real problem for ESPN...I guess the whole Fake News thing has spread to sports reporting now when it comes to peoples perceptions.

Duke Lacrosse case...UVA rape case...the last two years in politics...I don't take the word of any news sources at face value any longer. EVERY news media outlet has some sort of bias IMO