Northern Kentucky Player of the Year

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not social media savvy, to me the "ttt" was a sound my Mother made when she was not happy with a situation or decision. Most likely doesn't mean the same for you as I just looked it up and saw "to the top", which wasn't my meaning. Just wanted to know your feelings about the POY tie.

First of all, the alleged tie vote is done by an organization that is not anywhere close to a comprehensive vote and from talking to a couple coaches that were excluded from said vote I don't put ANY stock in it. In other words, I would throw it in the garbage.

Second, I am good friends with Adam Kunkel's dad, Big Greg, so most would probably dismiss my thoughts on the two players as biased.

With all that said, I think they are both great, deserving D1 players and you couldn't go wrong voting for either of them.

However, in my opinion Adam Kunkel is a more complete player playing at a higher level. Frankly he is a man among boys and the only person that I have seen that can stop AK is his coach doing silly things with the team when Cooper plays lesser competition.

Additionally, I think 5 Adam Kunkel's would wipe out 5 CJ Fredrick's in a game but I realize that is a hypothetical.

So, if I was voting, I would vote Adam Kunkel number one and CJ Fredrick number two in the 9th Region.

First of all, the alleged tie vote is done by an organization that is not anywhere close to a comprehensive vote and from talking to a couple coaches that were excluded from said vote I don't put ANY stock in it. In other words, I would throw it in the garbage.

Second, I am good friends with Adam Kunkel's dad, Big Greg, so most would probably dismiss my thoughts on the two players as biased.

With all that said, I think they are both great, deserving D1 players and you couldn't go wrong voting for either of them.

However, in my opinion Adam Kunkel is a more complete player playing at a higher level. Frankly he is a man among boys and the only person that I have seen that can stop AK is his coach doing silly things with the team when Cooper plays lesser competition.

Additionally, I think 5 Adam Kunkel's would wipe out 5 CJ Fredrick's in a game but I realize that is a hypothetical.

So, if I was voting, I would vote Adam Kunkel number one and CJ Fredrick number two in the 9th Region.

Greg Kunkel is a good guy.

:thumb:

How many times have you watched both players this year?

1. Sully gives AK a lot of freedom so that sounds like a dad talking.

2. I thought reading that the 9th region POY vote wasn't close was silly talk. Then I read the above.

Two different player's with different styles of play. Two different coaches that expect different things out of each one of them. AK can do somethings better than CJ and CJ can do somethings better than AK. The big problem is that people only get a small sample size of games to make their judgement instead of getting to see each of them play in every game. Two great players with different expectations from them by their coaches.

No disagreement

1. Sully gives AK a lot of freedom so that sounds like a dad talking.

2. I thought reading that the 9th region POY vote wasn't close was silly talk. Then I read the above.

Agree, as silly as the comments were that Fredrick should run away with player year stating 5 Kunkel's would wipe out 5 Frederics's is way over the top. Fredrick is playing at as high of level as anyone in the state. Both kids were very deserving and if ever there was a year for co-players this was definitely it.

I questioned the hype around CJ earlier in the year, and thought Kunkel a better player. Lately, I see the AAU hype for CJ is for real. He has taken it up a few notches from the last 4 or so games I've seen. He is as fun to watch as Kunkel when he plays with this focus and intensity, and he may be a better shooter.