Northern Kentucky Player of the Year

Granted, both players are really, really good high school players. It has been a blessing to get to see them play the past couple years.

They both are great players and well deserving of 9th region player of the year. To slant it any way to say one of them is a run away is just foolish and reduces all your credibility. There really isn't that much difference in them.

:thumb:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To say Fredrick runs away with it is just foolish.

Per KHSAA scored board

PPG: CJ 22.5 AK 21.0

FG% CJ 57.4 AK 51.0

3pt FG% CJ 48.8 AK 48.6

FT% CJ 83.7 AK 81.3

Rebounds CJ 3.3 AK 7.6 (big difference)

All of their stats are very similar except rebounding. AK has a huge advantage when it comes to rebounding.

I believe AK is a much better defender. He guards the opponents best player every night. CJ does not.

CJ has a better surrounding cast. Therefore he is able to get better shots. AK has a lot more pressure on him all the time.

CJ is a better passer.

AK is quicker, can take players off the dribble, and is a better ball handler than CJ

AK dominated CJ last year in the regional finals.

Both are going to nice D1 schools

Granted, both players are really, really good high school players. It has been a blessing to get to see them play the past couple years.

They both are great players and well deserving of 9th region player of the year. To slant it any way to say one of them is a run away is just foolish and reduces all your credibility. There really isn't that much difference in them.

The most logical post in the entire thread. Both players are deserving of the recognition. A couple of weeks from now no one will be thinking about this award, especially the two involved. They will be thinking about what else they can do to get their teams back to Rupp.

I am confused, were NKY awards given out? Or were they by each Region?

The thread says NKY but people are talking about 9th Region Awards.

Regardless, congrats to both AK and CJ!

Outstanding young men and players!!!

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but the KABC voted listing both CJ and AK as their 9th Region players of the year but the vote among the local NKY coaches (the one people in NKY actually care about) will happen any day now.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but the KABC voted listing both CJ and AK as their 9th Region players of the year but the vote among the local NKY coaches (the one people in NKY actually care about) will happen any day now.

All 9th Region coaches who are members of KABC can vote. This is what the KHSAA goes by for their voting of Mr. Basketball and all Region POY get recognized at the Sweet 16.

All 9th Region coaches who are members of KABC can vote. This is what the KHSAA goes by for their voting of Mr. Basketball and all Region POY get recognized at the Sweet 16.

I thought we already had Mr. Basketball finalist and it is separate from that list?

All Region POY are automatically selected as Mr. Basketball finalist. The Mr. Baksetball program has a partnership with the KABC.

So you are saying there are 19 Finalist for Mr. Basketball? I thought there were only 5 Finalist?

And everyone, the 19 number comes from this thread which brooksville is referencing:

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-basketball/2018-region-players-362661.html

Probably a different vote. This vote is specific to players who then qualify for Mr Basketball.

Yes. I think they then invite 4 or 5 to the ceremony.

19 Finalist doesn't make much sense to me, it feels like some old, antiquated give everyone a hug and trophy parade.

And having a Mr. Basketball Finalist from each region is ridiculous.

Oh well, back to the NKY Player of the Year saga...

ttt, don't agree with the co-9th Region POY? Both are very deserving. What markers would you use to differentiate in the ability in areas for each player? Does this have any affect any college offers?

Are you asking to the top (ttt) a question?