Dixie Heights 2018

Ram

Kevin Siple was head coach at Indian Hill for 16 years, went 116-57 with the Braves. Not sure what he did in '09, '10, and '11, but he took over as head coach at Grant County in 2012, and left there last year to join the coaching staff at Highlands for the 2017 season. I believe Dixie's Coach Brossart coached tight ends and linebackers on Siple's Indian Hill coaching staff before he was head coach at Finneytown, so there's a definite connection there for the two.

Jamey Dalzell, who took over as head coach at Grant County when Siple departed, joined the Dixie Heights coaching staff in the beginning of June.

That's 3 coaches with head coaching experience all on staff at Dixie. Not bad at all.

Was at Bracken County for 10 and 11.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Dixie is getting new turf I see.

Yes. I thought they already got it, but maybe not.

The turf failed a test earlier this summer, which required it to be replaced. It's the main reason the all-star game moved.

So what happened to Dixie's field? I have heard the turf is not being replaced by Dixie's choice. I heard there is a problem and Dixie is being required to fix it. What is the issue and when will it be fixed? Is this going to interfere with any games?

Id say the fact that its been 10 years on that turf is a good reason.

So what happened to Dixie's field? I have heard the turf is not being replaced by Dixie's choice. I heard there is a problem and Dixie is being required to fix it. What is the issue and when will it be fixed? Is this going to interfere with any games?

As mentioned above, it failed a test earlier this summer. Due to that failed test, they have no choice but to replace it. I think, but not positive, that the failed test had to do with bacterial growth. I thought it would have been replaced by now, but maybe not as it may take over a month to get the turf after ordering. The replacement should go fairly quickly as the foundation doesn’t have any issues.

As mentioned above, it failed a test earlier this summer. Due to that failed test, they have no choice but to replace it. I think, but not positive, that the failed test had to do with bacterial growth. I thought it would have been replaced by now, but maybe not as it may take over a month to get the turf after ordering. The replacement should go fairly quickly as the foundation doesn’t have any issues.

Are we talking testing for shock absorption/ball roll/etc, or are we talking about contaminant testing? I'm assuming it's the prior?