Eagles 41 Patriots 33 (Super Bowl LII)

Did anyone else tire of listening to Collinsworth in that game? I am usually okay with his commentary but he was completely biased and sounding so matter of fact in saying they should overturn that huge Eagle TD by the TE. It was irresponsible if you ask me.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else tire of listening to Collinsworth in that game? I am usually okay with his commentary but he was completely biased and sounding so matter of fact in saying they should overturn that huge Eagle TD by the TE. It was irresponsible if you ask me.

That's a trick question. You can't tire of him if you can't stand him from the get go. Collinsworth is the worst color man in the game IMO. Unless the Bengals are playing I hardly ever watch Sunday night games solely because of him.

Gost has saved the Pats so many times it literally causes me pain to post this but he cost them this game.

He missed the botched FG attempt, then missed the XP and then clearly wasn’t himself because he didn’t fight for th 4th and 5 from the 35. He left 7 on the board.

Cant blame the first one in him.

Foles is a backup for a reason. He is not consistent enough during a complete season.

Foles, as well as Brady, benefited from the fact that the officials must have been told to allow holding, no matter how blatant. That being said, Foles looked like a starting NFL QB to me.

Foles, as well as Brady, benefited from the fact that the officials must have been told to allow holding, no matter how blatant. That being said, Foles looked like a starting NFL QB to me.
Foles has started a lot of NFL games including making the Pro Bowl in 2013 when he threw 27 TDs and 2 INTs. He has some game but did seem to lose his mojo. Dude is not rattled, that is for sure.

I thought Whitlock sent an interesting tweet asking if Nick Foles is Kurt Warner 2.0. Warner was a beast to start his career. Ended up in NY and you would have thought the guy had never taken a snap, kind of how Foles was when he got to St. Louis. Warner gets another shot in Arizona and he turns back into Kurt Warner.

Another interesting fact. Foles ties Flacco as the tallest QB to ever win a Superbowl at 6'6". Is it just me or does Foles not look anywhere near that tall? I guess it is how he carries himself but he has never struck me as that big of a dude.

Another interesting fact. Foles ties Flacco as the tallest QB to ever win a Superbowl at 6'6". Is it just me or does Foles not look anywhere near that tall? I guess it is how he carries himself but he has never struck me as that big of a dude.

I agree, doesn't seem that tall, for whatever reason.

Well, based on the rule and the way they've called it all season, it should have been overturned. Every commentator states their opinion on which way a review will go.

I’ve never figured out why Collinsworth is so disliked around here. I’ve heard it was because he wasn’t so kind to the Bengals when he first started broadcasting. I have almost zero issues with how he calls games. I’m an Eagles fan, and had no issues with what he said about that catch. To me, the guy is usually on point, and I just don’t see any bias.

Edited by rjs4470

Maybe I was seeing it different, but I thought the Jesse James play was different than the Ertz TD.... James was more along the lines of Dez Bryant in that they were in the air, both feet hit the ground then lost the ball once they extended it, all occurring in the same motion. Ertz, I felt caught the ball, ran (established himself as a runner), then dove.

Now the Clement catch....

Maybe I was seeing it different, but I thought the Jesse James play was different than the Ertz TD.... James was more along the lines of Dez Bryant in that they were in the air, both feet hit the ground then lost the ball once they extended it, all occurring in the same motion. Ertz, I felt caught the ball, ran (established himself as a runner), then dove.

Now the Clement catch....

I agree on the Ertz catch. I think it was pretty clear that he had at least caught the ball, controlled it and started to run and was then diving into the endzone. Dez was more falling down as he was catching. I don't think Dez had "become a runner"

I also agree with the Clement catch. I'd lean on the side of it not being a catch. But after watching many times, I still can't really be sure, as I'm a little hung up on if the ball was actually moving or if he was moving it in his hand. But since it was so close, and I've waffled back and forth on whether it was a catch, I think letting it stand was the right call. Of course being an Eagles fan also makes it easier for me to not be upset about the call......