Open Job: Newport

NKY-Sub

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on this I think Schmitz would be the perfect guy for this program and the kids AGAIN!

Sure, he made a mistake and has paid the price for that. However, during his short time as HC Newport experienced the most success it has had in a long time. He had a great supporting staff and gave the kids the support/tough love they needed, pushed and motivated them to do better in the classroom, and taught them the value of hard work.

I have also been told that he worked well with city administrators and other community stakeholders. Many of whom apparently have expressed interest in wanting him back. Plus, I think this can show some of these kids that come from some crazy backgrounds that sometimes a 2nd chance is out there and if you work hard and do things the right way, that 2nd chance is possible.

I agree 100% with this

Based on this I think Schmitz would be the perfect guy for this program and the kids AGAIN!

Sure, he made a mistake and has paid the price for that. However, during his short time as HC Newport experienced the most success it has had in a long time. He had a great supporting staff and gave the kids the support/tough love they needed, pushed and motivated them to do better in the classroom, and taught them the value of hard work.

I have also been told that he worked well with city administrators and other community stakeholders. Many of whom apparently have expressed interest in wanting him back. Plus, I think this can show some of these kids that come from some crazy backgrounds that sometimes a 2nd chance is out there and if you work hard and do things the right way, that 2nd chance is possible.

Can't like this post enough, well said.

BTW, love your BGP handle. :thumb:

What happened?

I agree 100% with this

Can't like this post enough, well said.

BTW, love your BGP handle. :thumb:

Agreed people do make mistakes and deserve second chances if they learned from it. The key is learning from a mistake and growing from it. I don't know him but if he has stayed out of the trouble that initially made him step down from the job three years ago, and has done the right things since that incident. Then yes I could see that. The key is showing you learned from a mistake. Because we are talking about young adults in these players and have to set the right example for them. So i agree that people should get a second chance if they learned from it and shown they deserve a second chance.

No matter who gets the job. I hope it is someone who sets a good example for them, gets more players out, and brings more excitement back to the program. Newport truly has some great kids, and I'm not just talking about on the field. I wish to see the program start on its way back up.

Agreed people do make mistakes and deserve second chances if they learned from it. The key is learning from a mistake and growing from it. I don't know him but if he has stayed out of the trouble that initially made him step down from the job three years ago, and has done the right things since that incident. Then yes I could see that. The key is showing you learned from a mistake. Because we are talking about young adults in these players and have to set the right example for them. So i agree that people should get a second chance if they learned from it and shown they deserve a second chance.

No matter who gets the job. I hope it is someone who sets a good example for them, gets more players out, and brings more excitement back to the program. Newport truly has some great kids, and I'm not just talking about on the field. I wish to see the program start on its way back up.

Schmitz has done a lot in these last 3 years to show he has gotten right. He currently is working back in the school and I can tell you, these kids want him to take back over.

Schmitz has done a lot in these last 3 years to show he has gotten right. He currently is working back in the school and I can tell you, these kids want him to take back over.

If that's true that's good to hear then. The most important thing is getting the best coach for these kids on and off the field.

... and that’s fine. Nobody asked you if you would or not. You clearly know nothing other than what you read, and that’s fine too.

But that brings up a valid point, will there be parents who do feel that way. could there be backlash from community? would it make the administration weary of bringing him back? Newport already has quite a few things working against it, is it worth adding fuel to the fire?