Does South Warren have any chance against CovCath?

theguru

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a poll in the closed thread.

I would like to see someone actually defend their choice if they choose the Spartans.

Anyone?

I gave the list of things that have to happen IMO for it to be a good game, and I think they have a chance. However I am supremely confident the Colonels get out of Bowling Green still unscathed. This group of boys each and every week seem to blow us away even more in what they are doing.

Yes...Cov Cath should win this game. But if CC gives South Warren a crease of a opening this game will be a lot closer than most would expect and possibly a defeat. After the beat down defeat B.G, gave S.W. about a month ago,and then their redemption win in the playoffs that gave South Warren a lot of confidence with a nothing to loose attitude. I will predict a upset score of...

South Warren 36 Covington Catholic 35...SW with a two point conversion for the win.

Yes...Cov Cath should win this game. But if CC gives South Warren a crease of a opening this game will be a lot closer than most would expect and possibly a defeat. After the beat down defeat B.G, gave S.W. about a month ago,and then their redemption win in the playoffs that gave South Warren a lot of confidence with a nothing to loose attitude. I will predict a upset score of...

South Warren 36 Covington Catholic 35...SW with a two point conversion for the win.

Does South have a chance??? I say yes a slim one but still a chance.

Since Smith took over as head Coach this is 3 out of 4 years they have been in the semi”s.

Only one team has put a running clock on south since Smith took over and that was 5 weeks ago at the hands of BG. Aided by 5 turnovers and a complete meltdown on both sides of the ball. We know they bounced back and beat BG last week with a near perfect game and great game plan.

Expect the same from Smith this week as for the game plan. But my question is can the team execute it again.

South is battled tested over the last few weeks. Had to beat Christian County at Christian then BG at BG. So you have to admit they have a chance or they wouldn’t be here.

Can they beat CCH is another different question? Yes but it will be a tall order. Execute the game plan. Play perfect. Protect the balll, control the clock, control the line of scrimmage both offensively and defensively. Win the turnover battle by creating them and not giving them. And have a lot of help from CCH.

I think in the end the game is going to be a lot closer than anyone thinks.

I think they could if first off they control the line of scrimmage. South Oldham at times put pressure on the QB but not enough. The QB got too much time to go through his progressions and any QB will find someone open if you give him that much time. He also can run so you have to either keep him in the pocket or have a spy good enough to bring him down. Then you have to stop the running game, both inside and outside. Tall order to do all of this. The front 7 of SW will have to play outstanding to stop the run, pressure the QB and keep him from scrambling for big yards.

Offensively South Oldham could get some good plays running the ball but the receivers had a hard time separating. It appears SW has a good passing game and their receivers will be tested to see if they can separate and then make a catch in a tight space. Can SW run effectively and then use that to get some play action or pass enough to get CovCath to have to commit more resources to stop that and open some running lanes? CovCath pressured Souths QB to where he couldn't go through progressions. Again it comes down to the guys up front.

If SW protects the QB to give him time that could change the game. I have seen a little highlight tape of some of the SW games. Lacey will be a factor CovCath has to deal with. In the end CovCath has too many weapons offensively and they are athletic and disciplined on defense. The Colonels will continue their march toward state.

During course of the year I tried to watch/gather as much tape as possible on Catholic hoping Christian would make that far. BG has had some really good teams in the last 5-7 years but this CovCath team migh be on a different level. Fast, athletic with good size and plays aggressive. They take the fight out of you early. SW is battle tested and Smith has his players believing they can win but this is fight they haven't been part of yet. How will they respond when they ge punched n he nose early? Im pulling for any WKY team and hope they can somehow pull this out. Going to need some turnovers, drop balls and some good luck bounces to go their way. This is the best team CovCath has played since early in the year. Good luck to both teams should be a good physical game to watch.

During course of the year I tried to watch/gather as much tape as possible on Catholic hoping Christian would make that far. BG has had some really good teams in the last 5-7 years but this CovCath team migh be on a different level. Fast, athletic with good size and plays aggressive. They take the fight out of you early. SW is battle tested and Smith has his players believing they can win but this is fight they haven't been part of yet. How will they respond when they ge punched n he nose early? Im pulling for any WKY team and hope they can somehow pull this out. Going to need some turnovers, drop balls and some good luck bounces to go their way. This is the best team CovCath has played since early in the year. Good luck to both teams should be a good physical game to watch.

Agree on this. CovCath better come ready to play.