SEC is too good for it's own good

ladiesbballcoach

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he believes it, why would any of his players think otherwise... ;)

LSU is a good team, but they are far from great. I didn't hear this out of Tressel when they left Texas or Iowa. Are we to believe that LSU is a more powerful opponent? With the turnovers and ST play, how is that legit???

What do you mean by more powerful? If you mean more physical, then yes, I say they are.

Just maybe the USC D is better than Auburn. We're talking about giving up almost 300 yards on the ground to ARKANSAS. It's a joke for a team that claims to be #2 and plays like Auburn did this week. No way around it...

OSU (182.3 ypg) is currently 60th in pass yards given up, behind LSU, South Carolina, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, and Tennessee

OSU (118 ypg) is currently 51st in rushing yards given up, behind Florida, LSU, and Georgia.

OSU (182.3 ypg) is currently 60th in pass yards given up, behind LSU, South Carolina, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, and Tennessee

OSU (118 ypg) is currently 51st in rushing yards given up, behind Florida, LSU, and Georgia.

Blast tO$U all you want. I'm all for it... :D

Mediocore stats for a team that has played 2 good teams, a middle of the way team, and 3 weak teams.

Would you like to see what Florida did against UK and Bama in the Swamp? I'm quite positive you know half of that answer with the final scores posted in Tide land....

Would you like to see what Florida did against UK and Bama in the Swamp? I'm quite positive you know half of that answer with the final scores posted in Tide land....

Bama is not as bad as what you big tenners think...they lost by 1 to Arkansas @ Arkansas in OT and lost by 2 scores to probably the best team in the nation at their place.

Maybe Arkansas is much better than we all thought. Auburn, on the other hand, I'm not going to say I thought was overrated, because at that point, I'm not sure anyone had separated themselves as a strong #2 behind Ohio State (and I'm still not sure anyone has). What I will say about Auburn is the same thing a lot of people were saying about USC...they hadn't been that impressive to me this season, so I seriously questioned whether they were really the second best team. Couple that with the probability that they bought into their own hype and also looked ahead to Florida, overlooking Arkansas. It all makes sense to me, but I'm sure most people don't see it that way.

It's really naive to compare scores between USC vs Arkansas and Auburn vs Arkansas, IMO. It was the first game of the season. You get something comparable to bowl game performances and results in the season openers. (See Cal against Tennessee versus Cal now....see USC against Arkansas versus how they look now) Also, teams are typically more comfortable against conference opponents, so I think you're seeing something closer to what they really are.

To me, Tennessee has looked like the strongest team in the conference, but they didn't get the job done against Florida. LSU should be the best team, but they aren't going to be until they get a good QB. I'm not sold on Florida as the #2 team in the country either. I have a strong feeling that Auburn may knock them from their perch this weekend.

Those twenty six teams

Texas State

Cen. Mich

Memphis

WKU

Colorado

UAB (twice)

Wofford

FAU

Washington St

Buffalo

Lou Lafeyette

Arizona

Tulane

Sou Miss

UCF

Hawaii

Duke

Lou Monroe

Cal

Air Force

Marshall

Memphis

Tenn St

Temple

Utah State

The seven losses

Louisville

West Virgina

USC

Missouri

Wake Forest

Michigan

Tulane

Other than Tenn over Cal, I don't see the proof that the SEC teams would be so dominate in any other conference.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumb: