SEC is too good for it's own good

ladiesbballcoach

All I'll say is.........

Anyone who don't think the SEC is the best, go get your head checked.

1. SEC

2. Big 12

3. Big 10

4. Pac 10

5. Big East

I need my head checked, and you have the Big 11 3rd. Isn't it ironic... :banana:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'll say is.........

Anyone who don't think the SEC is the best, go get your head checked.

Undoubtedly they are the most talented, however I don't think SEC teams play to thier potential as well as teams do in other conferences. The QUALITY of play in the SEC, more often than not, leaves much to be desired.

And I think you've lost your mind. Do you think the SEC strength is top to bottom or because they are so good at the top? Because let's face it, the bottom of the SEC is pretty bad...

The bottom of every conference is pretty bad. But in my opinion, you have to look deeper into the bottom of the barrell to find those teams in the SEC, than you do any other conference.

The bottom of every conference is pretty bad. But in my opinion, you have to look deeper into the bottom of the barrell to find those teams in the SEC, than you do any other conference.

And I wouild say that Bama or S. Carolina are right on par with a Penn St. or Purdue. Top to bottom the Big 11 and SEC are very comparable. The Big 11 is better at #1 and #2 and the SEC is better at #3 and #4. With a better 1/2, I'm going with the Big 11. The SEC is good, but the hype machine always seems to run out of control around this point in the season...

And I wouild say that Bama or S. Carolina are right on par with a Penn St. or Purdue. Top to bottom the Big 11 and SEC are very comparable. The Big 11 is better at #1 and #2 and the SEC is better at #3 and #4. With a better 1/2, I'm going with the Big 11. The SEC is good, but the hype machine always seems to run out of control around this point in the season...

With hyped up teams like Auburn and Georgia laying an egg this past Saturday, I kinda see your point.

The SEC is good, but the hype machine always seems to run out of control around this point in the season...

That's because around this point in the season, the SEC teams have beat each other up so bad they are not as good as they were at the start of the season. I do agree though that the Big10 has the top 2 teams in the country this year. But I think the conference as a whole takes a big drop after OSU and Michigan, well I wouldn't say big drop, but more so than the SEC does. But Im not looking to change your mind, we'll just have to agree to disagree. :argue:

That's because around this point in the season, the SEC teams have beat each other up so bad they are not as good as they were at the start of the season. I do agree though that the Big10 has the top 2 teams in the country this year. But I think the conference as a whole takes a big drop after OSU and Michigan, well I wouldn't say big drop, but more so than the SEC does. But Im not looking to change your mind, we'll just have to agree to disagree. :argue:

I always welcome a good debate, and we could keep on breaking this down for a few pages if you'd like. My mind can be changed, but it takes a lot of work... :D

For the record, I think the Big 11 and SEC are very close. And much like Auburn and Georgia this week, UM, tO$U and Iowa could change my mind if they lay an egg at some point down the road...

I think the SEC is the best but not by much over the Big 10. I think if you take the top 8 teams from the SEC and play them against the top 8 of the Big 10 that the SEC would win more of the games. However I think the Big 10 has the best two teams and that is Michigan and OSU I think they are better than any team in the SEC. Although I do think that if you put them in the SEC that they would be more likely to get a loss to someone else than in the Big 10 where the only chance they might lose a game would be to each other...

I guess it really just depends on how you use to judge the best conference, because if you go by who is the best at the top then it would be the Big 10 cause OSU and Michigan are better than any of the top 2 in the SEC. But if you go by most of the teams in the conferences then IMO the SEC is better...