I'm over Doctors!

NamecipS

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's important to keep in mind that doctor's don't want you to be waiting. They want as many patients to come in and out as possible. Most of these delays are out of their control.

It's mostly due to over booking. Most people who schedule appointments factor in some sort of attrition rate.

What’s really bad is when you wait for an hour in the front waiting room, then when they do finally call you back they put you in one of their smaller rooms and you wait in there for another 40 minutes before seeing the doctor. At least in the main waiting room you have magazines to browse through. In the other waiting room you have to spend your time reading the medical posters on the wall.

I think it's important to keep in mind that doctor's don't want you to be waiting. They want as many patients to come in and out as possible. Most of these delays are out of their control.

I have found very few doctors stay even close to their appointment times. The ones that do I appreciate. It is very few that do.

When I was going through my ACL rehab and had to visit the doctor of check ups from time to time, I'd usually schedule them about 4:45pm, so that I didn't have to miss more work. Often, I'd still be sitting there in the wait room at 6:30pm.

I wont' schedule a doctor appointment anymore unless its the very first time slot of the day. Thankfully I haven't had many issues in my life but man that drives me nuts. I can handle 30 mins but nearing 2 hours was ridiculous.

Well, if I have to go back Beacon will be my new go-to ortho.

Unfortunately, you still wait there. I went to your originally scheduled place, and I waited up to and over 2 hours to see a doctor multiple times. The first visit was the very first time I hurt by back/nerve, so I couldn't stand very long and I couldn't sit. Needless to say, I was in a ton of pain. That didn't matter to them. I waited over 2 hours before a doctor looked at me. I had to pace back and forth like the hunchback of notre dame nearly the entire time to tolerate the pain as I couldn't lay down comfortably. I ended up switching to Beacon after the 2nd incident and had surgery through them. The wait times haven't been quite a long, but you can still end up waiting over an hour. As mentioned, book the first of the morning or the first after lunch, and you're in and out.

I am over doctors. Tired of them not respecting other peoples time. If the appointment is at 8:45, then you shouldn't have to wait more than 15 minutes before your seen.

Today I went to a local prominent orthopedic place(in Edgewood). Appointment was at 8:45. Yeah, doctor walked in at 9:40. Then instead of actually talking about and looking at the issue(bump on my wrist) I was there for, he wanted to talk about my smoking and how bad it is for me. I told him I was there for my wrist and he should look at that. No, he continued to talk about my smoking. When he finally looked at my wrist, it took him less than two minutes to tell me "It'll go away over time". WHAT????????????????????

I let him know how I felt and he stated he was doing the best he could. I called shenanigans.

I didn't even mention how short the girl was who reviewed my information with me before the hour long wait for the doctor. She came across like I was a burden for her to have to help me. Sighs and eye rolls. Little advice, if you don't like your job that much, find another one.

Based on this visit, I will no longer be recommending this place to family or friends. No one should be treated this way.

I did feel a little better when I told the billing lady to send me a bill and my estate will pay it when I'm dead.

Devil's Advocate here:

Scenario 1) So, your appointment starts on time. Doctor rushes in the door, glances at your wrist, writes a few notes, barely even checks out what is going on with your wrist, never even introduces himself, and then moves on to the next patient so he can keep things moving on schedule with his appointments. Are you a happy patient?

Scenario 2) Doctor has a patient come in on a "sore ankle" referral. Patient, a teenager, limps into the exam room using a cane her mom borrowed for her from her great-aunt. Doctor comes to discover through talking to the patient that patient "fell" down an entire flight of stairs. Upon further discussion while mom is out of the exam room, mom's drunk of a boyfriend pushed teenage daughter down the staircase. Ankle is broken in 2 spots, one of her toes is also broken, and there is a torn ligament in the ankle as well. Exam takes 3.5 times longer than scheduled - particularly when you take into account a required call to child protective services. Should the doctor ditch all of that so he can keep his patient schedule?

Devil's Advocate here:

Scenario 1) So, your appointment starts on time. Doctor rushes in the door, glances at your wrist, writes a few notes, barely even checks out what is going on with your wrist, never even introduces himself, and then moves on to the next patient so he can keep things moving on schedule with his appointments. Are you a happy patient?

Scenario 2) Doctor has a patient come in on a "sore ankle" referral. Patient, a teenager, limps into the exam room using a cane her mom borrowed for her from her great-aunt. Doctor comes to discover through talking to the patient that patient "fell" down an entire flight of stairs. Upon further discussion while mom is out of the exam room, mom's drunk of a boyfriend pushed teenage daughter down the staircase. Ankle is broken in 2 spots, one of her toes is also broken, and there is a torn ligament in the ankle as well. Exam takes 3.5 times longer than scheduled - particularly when you take into account a required call to child protective services. Should the doctor ditch all of that so he can keep his patient schedule?

I would have preferred the in/out non-personal deal since this isn't a doctor I will see on a regular basis. I don't need pampering and the warm fuzzy stuff. Address the issue and we'll both move on with our day.

As for the other scenario and the actual visit, if someone would have come in and said "The doctors running behind", "The doctor is caught up with an emergency and will be a few more minutes" and then "Thank you for your patience", I probably would've just chalked it up. The fact that his response was "I'm doing the best I can" didn't fly with me.

I once worked for a group of doctors who intentionally overbooked. That was rude and all about the money. Routinely doing it is just wrong.

I rarely wait at my own doctors office. I don’t mind occasional waits. Doctors have a lot of unexpected emergencies. Also, patients often have things that come up in routine appointments that take more time than expected.

I always hope that others won’t mind some day if I need that extra time that makes them late.

If it’s the place I think you are describing, I have an appointment there tomorrow. It seems to be a Common problem to overbook so they can grow their Wealth.

Take some reading materials, and don’t get excited when they finally call you back. You can end up waiting longer back there than in the waiting room.