November 7, 20178 yr I am over doctors. Tired of them not respecting other peoples time. If the appointment is at 8:45, then you shouldn't have to wait more than 15 minutes before your seen. Today I went to a local prominent orthopedic place(in Edgewood). Appointment was at 8:45. Yeah, doctor walked in at 9:40. Then instead of actually talking about and looking at the issue(bump on my wrist) I was there for, he wanted to talk about my smoking and how bad it is for me. I told him I was there for my wrist and he should look at that. No, he continued to talk about my smoking. When he finally looked at my wrist, it took him less than two minutes to tell me "It'll go away over time". WHAT???????????????????? I let him know how I felt and he stated he was doing the best he could. I called shenanigans. I didn't even mention how short the girl was who reviewed my information with me before the hour long wait for the doctor. She came across like I was a burden for her to have to help me. Sighs and eye rolls. Little advice, if you don't like your job that much, find another one. Based on this visit, I will no longer be recommending this place to family or friends. No one should be treated this way. I did feel a little better when I told the billing lady to send me a bill and my estate will pay it when I'm dead.
November 7, 20178 yr I hear ya my man. I've come to discover it widely varies based on the doctor/place. I understand a wait time to some degree, but an hour is absolutely ridiculous. So anyways, about that smoking.....
November 7, 20178 yr I am over doctors. Tired of them not respecting other peoples time. If the appointment is at 8:45, then you shouldn't have to wait more than 15 minutes before your seen. Today I went to a local prominent orthopedic place(in Edgewood). Appointment was at 8:45. Yeah, doctor walked in at 9:40. Then instead of actually talking about and looking at the issue(bump on my wrist) I was there for, he wanted to talk about my smoking and how bad it is for me. I told him I was there for my wrist and he should look at that. No, he continued to talk about my smoking. When he finally looked at my wrist, it took him less than two minutes to tell me "It'll go away over time". WHAT???????????????????? I let him know how I felt and he stated he was doing the best he could. I called shenanigans. I didn't even mention how short the girl was who reviewed my information with me before the hour long wait for the doctor. She came across like I was a burden for her to have to help me. Sighs and eye rolls. Little advice, if you don't like your job that much, find another one. Based on this visit, I will no longer be recommending this place to family or friends. No one should be treated this way. I did feel a little better when I told the billing lady to send me a bill and my estate will pay it when I'm dead. Call them out!! Who was it????
November 7, 20178 yr I'd dang near do anything, as wait in a doctors office for any period of time. I'm one of those people who see a doctor, only if I've exhausted all other options. I look at it as thought I'm already miserable if I'm there, please don't make it worse by having me sit for an hour before seeing the doc.
November 7, 20178 yr Spent one time waiting over an hour in the waiting room (after my appointment was scheduled). Saw several people that came in after me get called back. At first, I didn't give it much thought, since it was a practice that included several doctors and I was unable to know which doctor they were seeing. Finally decided enough was enough and went back up and said something along the lines of "I think you've forgotten about me." The lady said she'd check, but tried to blow it off. Miraculously, I was the next patient called back.
November 7, 20178 yr If you are an hour late they don't see you and charge you a fee anyway. If they are an hour late you get the screws put to you. My dentist ran very late one time. He had a patient that took him a very ling time to work on. He apologized profusely and told me to book early in the day (before kids got out of school) and I've never had to wait again.
November 7, 20178 yr Author Call them out!! Who was it???? If you are an hour late they don't see you and charge you a fee anyway. If they are an hour late you get the screws put to you. My dentist ran very late one time. He had a patient that took him a very ling time to work on. He apologized profusely and told me to book early in the day (before kids got out of school) and I've never had to wait again. I gave enough info for most to figure it out. It's a big practice near the hospital. My son has a friend whose dad works there. Next time I see him, I'll let him know about my experience. I had a similar issue with my family doctor. I explained the issue to him and he was super cool about it. He told me when making future appointments to either schedule the first one in the morning or the first one after lunch. I've never waited more than 5 minutes to see him since then.
November 7, 20178 yr Author You have smoker's wrist. Put down the cigs. I guess I could have worse things than smoker's wrist.
November 7, 20178 yr I guess I could have worse things than smoker's wrist. You probably have that too...
November 7, 20178 yr I'm really lucky, I guess. Yesterday I had a dermatologist visit, was in and out in a half an hour. My next appointment was with my APRN, but not for another hour, so I went and got some lunch. When I finished, I still had 45 minutes or so, so as I sat in my car wondering what errand I could fit in, the phone rings and the Dr's office wants to know if I want to come in early. Wound up getting in and out in about 45 minutes including labs and a flu shot. Then over to the Chiropractor, where I was 15 minutes early and they took me right away and I was out only 10 minutes beyond when my original appointment was scheduled.
November 7, 20178 yr I tell them when I get the bill I will subtract the hourly rate I charge for my time and if I owe them I will send the difference. :banana:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.