Coaching Carousel

GrantNKY

This is fun....Purdue says Jeff Brohm has been out recruiting all week and has not been contacted by Tennessee.

Then there's this....

Jimmy Hyams‏ @JimmyHyams

Tennessee will soon announce the hiring of Purdue coach Jeff Brohm after going 6-6 this year. Brohm was 30-10 at Western Kentucky. Buyout is $5 million, drops to $4 million Dec 5. Still owes Purdue about $750k for leaving WKY.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol2: In your opinion. Just because you believe something doesn't make it so.

That isn't a damn opinion. There were more than 400 people investigated with the Sandusky scandal and the only time he was ever named was on a he said/ he said basis that was later denied by the guy who supposedly said it. Could Schiano have known sure, to say it's highly unlikely he didn't know is straight garbage. It's highly unlikely Joe Paterno didn't know, not Greg Schiano. That's garbage and you know it.

That isn't a damn opinion. There were more than 400 people investigated with the Sandusky scandal and the only time he was ever named was on a he said/ he said basis that was later denied by the guy who supposedly said it. Could Schiano have known sure, to say it's highly unlikely he didn't know is straight garbage. It's highly unlikely Joe Paterno didn't know, not Greg Schiano. That's garbage and you know it.

:lol2: #Triggered

Why does it bother you so much that someone thinks he probably knew about it?

:lol2: #Triggered

Why does it bother you so much that someone thinks he probably knew about it?

You're right Im triggered. Because it's literally illogical to say someone is very likely to know about something when there is literally no evidence to support such a bold statement. I'm not about to get into what makes me triggered about it, but this sort of reckless speculation is what is so wrong about our society right now. It's utter nonsense and a guys repuation and livelihood is suffering because of it.

You're right Im triggered. Because it's literally illogical to say someone is very likely to know about something when there is literally no evidence to support such a bold statement. I'm not about to get into what makes me triggered about it, but this sort of reckless speculation is what is so wrong about our society right now. It's utter nonsense and a guys repuation and livelihood is suffering because of it.

Because a random dude on an online message board thinks he probably knew? Exaggeration of the century.

Schiano your cousin or something?

If he would have just said that since he was at Penn State and he didn't want him fine. I think that is a horrible way to be, but I get it for PR purposes. But to say it's very unlikely he didn't know is extremely wrong on so many levels and literally goes against every single fundamental aspect of human decency that I believe in. Did Schiano know? I don't know. Was he very likely to know? Absolutely not. To say such a bold statement is reckless and irresponsible.

Edited by GrantNKY

Because a random dude on an online message board thinks he probably knew? Exaggeration of the century.

Because a whole lynch mob of people in Knoxville think so. It's reckless and irresponsible and nobody should go around spewing incorrect information. Whether you like it or not, saying Schiano very likely knew about it is incorrect. If it was suspected that he knew about it then it would have been investigated but it wasn't. Could he have known? Sure. Did he know? There is no evidence it. Change the word choice and I'm fine.

Because a whole lynch mob of people in Knoxville think so. It's reckless and irresponsible and nobody should go around spewing incorrect information. Whether you like it or not, saying Schiano very likely knew about it is incorrect. If it was suspected that he knew about it then it would have been investigated but it wasn't. Could he have known? Sure. Did he know? There is no evidence it. Change the word choice and I'm fine.

You’re arguing with people who don’t think Schiano is a qualified head coach, not Urban Meyer or Bill Belichick who disagrees with them. Save your phone the battery life.

Oh yes because they knew Hernandez was a murderer...

Everything I've read says they both vouched for and gave glowing reviews of Schiano's character. Obviously you have to value their opinions on football related matters.

My point is, they probably aren't the best judges of character.

Everything I've read says they both vouched for and gave glowing reviews of Schiano's character. Obviously you have to value their opinions on football related matters.

My point is, they probably aren't the best judges of character.

So because one guy who fooled everyone proves that Urban and Belicheck are bad judges of character? Tim Tebow was Hernandez's roommate. Is he a bad judge of character too?

So because one guy who fooled everyone proves that Urban and Belicheck are bad judges of character? Tim Tebow was Hernandez's roommate. Is he a bad judge of character too?

I wouldn't rely on his input either...

Look Schiano may be the most up & up dude around. May be an amazing person. I have no clue. My gut says he's probably a decent dude with a massive ego like most coaches.

Unfortunately the fact that he was a coach at Penn State when everything was going on is something I wouldn't be able to overlook. You yourself even admitted there is a chance he could've known about it. Regardless of how small that chance is, it's a risk I wouldn't be willing to take.