Coaching Carousel

GrantNKY

:lol2: How about this....His coaching ability isn't good enough for me to overlook the fact that he was at Penn State during the Sandusky stuff.

You said you wouldn't look at any coach at Penn State during that time. You weren't being Schiano specific.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guilty by association, if I'm an AD I wouldn't consider him either. It's highly unlikely that he didn't know something was going on.

There were over 400 people interviewed with regards to the civil case in the Sandusky scandal. Schiano wasn't one of those people. It would be safer to assume it was highly unlikely Schiano knew anything at this point. Research Dan Wetzel from Yahoo sports and he will help enlighten you on the situation at Penn State which you act like you know everything about.

You're correct I wouldn't. Now if a coach of Saban or Meyer's caliber had been on staff, I would probably consider it, but they weren't so....:idunno:

I just think it's extremely unfair to punish a coach who unless they are Saban or Meyer just happened to be coaching at the wrong school at the wrong time.

There were over 400 people interviewed with regards to the civil case in the Sandusky scandal. Schiano wasn't one of those people. It would be safer to assume it was highly unlikely Schiano knew anything at this point. Research Dan Wetzel from Yahoo sports and he will help enlighten you on the situation at Penn State which you act like you know everything about.

So because me nor @UKMustangFan neither one would want Schiano coaching our teams because he was there during the same time is a poor reason to not look at him? C'mon man, you're only taking up for him because he's at OSU. His coaching ability isn't enough to overlook the fact he's associated with Penn St and Jerry Sandusky.

It certainly isn’t how many of us are getting a multi millionaire dollar settlement this December because of insane Vol fans fired the elected coach on his first day?

I'd pump the brakes on that. The UT Chancellor never signed the MOU. He may very well end up getting some coin, and if so, good for him. Doesn't change my opinion on it.

FWIW, UT couldn't have handled this any more poorly than they did, but did they really think UT fans and boosters would be on board with that hire? Should've never happened IMO.

The dominoes that are going to fall if/when Jimbo heads to TAMU is going to be fascinating to watch.

Word that FSU is doing their homework of Willie Taggert and that Oregon is already starting to do due diligence on replacement options.

I hope that’s not their #1 choice should Jimbo leave.

So because me nor @UKMustangFan neither one would want Schiano coaching our teams because he was there during the same time is a poor reason to not look at him? C'mon man, you're only taking up for him because he's at OSU. His coaching ability isn't enough to overlook the fact he's associated with Penn St and Jerry Sandusky.
You said it was highly unlikely he didn't know anything about what was going on. Retract that bogus statement and we can move on.

I'd pump the brakes on that. The UT Chancellor never signed the MOU. He may very well end up getting some coin, and if so, good for him. Doesn't change my opinion on it.

FWIW, UT couldn't have handled this any more poorly than they did, but did they really think UT fans and boosters would be on board with that hire? Should've never happened IMO.

He's been linked to the Tennessee job and Vols fans just now got upset about it.