Coaching Carousel

GrantNKY

So because one guy who fooled everyone proves that Urban and Belicheck are bad judges of character? Tim Tebow was Hernandez's roommate. Is he a bad judge of character too?

Woody and UK would know better than Meyer and Belichick about football coaching apparently. I love how they keep saying it’s about Sandusky when it has nothing to do with it.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woody and UK would know better than Meyer and Belichick about football coaching apparently. I love how they keep saying it’s about Sandusky when it has nothing to do with it.

It absolutely is about his time at Penn State for me. Not a risk I'm willing to take. Can't speak for anyone else. :idunno:

Everything I've read says they both vouched for and gave glowing reviews of Schiano's character. Obviously you have to value their opinions on football related matters.

My point is, they probably aren't the best judges of character.

Wait, I thought New England and Brady was one of your fav teams?

I wouldn't rely on his input either...

Look Schiano may be the most up & up dude around. May be an amazing person. I have no clue. My gut says he's probably a decent dude with a massive ego like most coaches.

Unfortunately the fact that he was a coach at Penn State when everything was going on is something I wouldn't be able to overlook. You yourself even admitted there is a chance he could've known about it. Regardless of how small that chance is, it's a risk I wouldn't be willing to take.

There's a chance he could have known about it just like there is a chance anybody who was associated with the program coaches, players, managers, janitors, etc could have known. Doesn't mean they did know. I get how toxic that situation is, but I tend to operate under the idea of more probable than not which is the civil court burden of proof. Of which Schiano was never involved with. There were dozens of lawsuits and hundreds of interviews. Nobody ever suspected Schiano of anything. What the fans in Knoxville did wasn't just unfair, it was anti-American and anti-humanitarian.

Unusual for a fan to trash his HOF head coach but I guess exceptions can be made? Especially when it comes to third party hearsay that has been debunked by people at the Sandusky trial.

He’s a great coach. Has always come across as a giant jack wagon as a person though. And I’m cool with that.

There's a chance he could have known about it just like there is a chance anybody who was associated with the program coaches, players, managers, janitors, etc could have known. Doesn't mean they did know. I get how toxic that situation is, but I tend to operate under the idea of more probable than not which is the civil court burden of proof. Of which Schiano was never involved with. There were dozens of lawsuits and hundreds of interviews. Nobody ever suspected Schiano of anything. What the fans in Knoxville did wasn't just unfair, it was anti-American and anti-humanitarian.

I’d argue what they did is absolutely American. They’re the consumers of a product and they let the producers of said product know they weren’t interested in buying what they were attempting to sell them.

I’d argue what they did is absolutely American. They’re the consumers of a product and they let the producers of said product know they weren’t interested in buying what they were attempting to sell them.

Due process is one of the most fundamental of human rights guaranteed by our constitution. The right to defame is not listed.

At least get a clue before you open your mouth. I never once said crap about Penn St. I said I wouldn't hire him because I think he's overrated.

Im sure Belichick vouched for Weis as well, how'd that work out? What about Romeo or Mangini?

At least get a clue before you open your mouth. I never once said crap about Penn St. I said I wouldn't hire him because I think he's overrated.

Im sure Belichick vouched for Weis as well, how'd that work out? What about Romeo or Mangini?

Penn St was directed at UKmustang. You’re only on the hook for saying Schiano is a bad/under qualified hire, joining the rest of the UT fans in getting rid of him.

Penn St was directed at UKmustang. You’re only on the hook for saying Schiano is a bad/under qualified hire, joining the rest of the UT fans in getting rid of him.

If he wasn't at OSU you wouldn't even be in this thread. Someone talked mean about one of your boys and you got your feelings hurt.