A Little Good News

CincySportsFan

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother-in-law is 71 years old. Two weeks ago, he rolled his car TWICE. It took firemen 30 minutes to remove him from the car. He was released from the hospital two hours later with cuts and bruises. He was back at work teaching within the week.

The weather has been outstanding. Really enjoying having hvac off in our home for days +. Sweat shirts/pants, quilts, and afghans were made for this weather. The cool nights have been fantastic.

It makes for great campfire weather. Enjoy folks! :thumb:

Okla. football team lets opponent in wheelchair score touchdown

An Oklahoma high school football team rallied around a player on the opponent team, who was in a wheelchair, and let him score a touchdown.

The heartwarming moment was caught on camera during Thursday night’s game between John Marshall High School, from Oklahoma City, and Comanche High School.

Players from both teams can be seen rallying around No. 52 Jordyn Campbell, and cheering with the crowd, as Campbell scored a touchdown.

Campbell’s mother, Jennifer Hinsley, shared a video taken during the game and posted on Facebook:

“Last year was the first I had ever heard of John Marshall, then I had said that these boys were very much class act, very respectful boys. Last night proved 110 percent heart for me. I am the mother to No. 52 who proudly ran the ball for his last home game ever. He is a senior this year. He eats, sleeps and breathes Comanche football. So to each of you and coaches, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the impact that this will last a lifetime for him. I wish each of you the best in the days to come and may God bless you all.”

Hailey Dawson is on a mission to throw out the first pitch at all 30 MLB parks. Tonight she'll throw out the first pitch of Game 4 of the World Series in Houston.

GO HAILEY!

Hailey Dawson Camden Yard.jpg

Pregame coverage begins tonight at 7:30 EDT on your local FOX affiliate.

7-year-old with 3-D printed hand to throw out World Series first pitch - CBS News

A story on her Twitter thread -

MLB Teams Invite Girl With 3D-Printed Hand To Throw Out 1st Pitch In Incredible Twitter Thread | HuffPost

Woman Has Given 1,3 Haircuts to the Homeless in Different States: 'It Takes So Little Effort to be Good to People'

“It makes me feel like I am respectable again, an average person” said one man whose hair Ruehmer cut.

Since then, Ruehmer said she has given 1,300 haircuts to the homeless as part of her organization,“Walking Tall.” She also provides the homeless with showers, food, and clothes.

“If you think about how good you feel when you get your hair done, but it’s one of the last things on a homeless person’s mind,” Ruehmer said. “They are thinking about eating. A haircut can give them the confidence to stand up and instead of feeling like they are less than.”

Woman Has Given 1,3 Haircuts to the Homeless in Different States: 'It Takes So Little Effort to be Good to People'

“It makes me feel like I am respectable again, an average person” said one man whose hair Ruehmer cut.

Since then, Ruehmer said she has given 1,300 haircuts to the homeless as part of her organization,“Walking Tall.” She also provides the homeless with showers, food, and clothes.

“If you think about how good you feel when you get your hair done, but it’s one of the last things on a homeless person’s mind,” Ruehmer said. “They are thinking about eating. A haircut can give them the confidence to stand up and instead of feeling like they are less than.”

I believe I have seen the story that she referenced, about the barber who gave free haircuts to the homeless. Glad she took it and exanded it.