A Little Good News

CincySportsFan

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a follow-up to the Hailey Dawson story, courtesy of MLB.

That's Justin Verlander giving Hailey a new pair of game shoes. José Altuve caught Hailey's pitch "nibbling the corner." :cool:

Thanks for the follow up:thumb:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/24-stories-about-the-touching-kindness-of-strangers-that’ll-make-yzou-tear-up/ar-BBEKkzA

Here's a couple of stories from the article that I found real :cool:

Seven Miles For Me

Leaving a store, I returned to my car only to find that I’d locked my keys and cell phone inside. A teenager riding his bike saw me kick a tire and say a few choice words. 'What’s wrong?' he asked. I explained my situation. 'But even if I could call my wife,' I said, 'she can’t bring me her car key, since this is our only car.' He handed me his cell phone. 'Call your wife and tell her I’m coming to get her key.' 'That’s seven miles round trip.' 'Don’t worry about it.' An hour later, he returned with the key. I offered him some money, but he refused. 'Let’s just say I needed the exercise,' he said. Then, like a cowboy in the movies, he rode off into the sunset. (You NEED to see these incredible photos of heartwarming moments.)

Clarence W. Stephens, Nicholasville, Kentucky

21 Apples From Max

When my grandson Max told his mother, Andrea, to donate any check she would give him for his 21st birthday, Andrea got an idea. She handed Max’s brother Charlie a video camera. Then she took out 21 $10 bills from the bank and bought 21 apples at the supermarket. When they spotted a homeless man, Andrea told him, 'Today is my son Max’s 21st birthday, and he asked me to give a gift to someone to help him celebrate.' She handed the man a $10 bill and an apple. The man smiled into the camera and announced, 'Happy birthday, Max!' Soon, they passed out their booty to men and women waiting in line at a soup kitchen. In a unified chorus, they wished Max, 'Happy birthday!' At a pizza parlor, Andrea left $50 and told the owners to feed the hungry. 'Happy birthday, Max!' they shouted. With one last $10 bill and apple, they stopped at Andrea’s sister’s office. Unable to contain her laughter or her tears, she bellowed into the camera, 'Happy birthday, Max!' (Don’t miss these 21 acts of kindness that changed these people’s lives.)

Dr. Donald Stoltz, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania