Question--What do Republicans need to see before they change their minds?

Easy ...

*He doesn't represent the ideas or the best interest of this country.

*He is an arrogant, egotistical rich brat who has marketed himself as some type of tycoon/mogul who is more successful than he really is (which is funny since his businesses are a blueprint on how to manipulate the government into proping up his failed business dealings up through constant use of chapter 13 bankrupcy).

*He constantly blames his mistakes on others---WHICH SHOWS NO LEADERSHIP ABILITY WHAT-SO-EVER.

*He and the people that he aligns himself with can relate to the average American (which is true for many/all politicians--but at least they are smart enough to not act like they can all the time).

Most importantly .... HE TREATS COMMON, EVERYDAY AMERICANS LIKE THEY ARE COMPLETE PIECES OF MORONIC :poop: with insults, lies, vulgar behavior. (And if a Democratic President spoke about how stupid republicans are constantly, "fake news", etc ... I would not support them either).

Leadership is really hard, especially when you inherit a trainwreck.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does that go both ways?

I think most of the right on here are pretty far right ... just like they will think after today, that I am far left. Doesn't mean its true ... but perception is reality.

Besides ... anyone who (not you) who says that they could care less if Russia interfered in any of our elections so Hillary doesn't win ... that isn't moderate. Matter of fact ... its bordering on being a traitor.

Yeah, I would say it goes both ways, hence the "far anything" lol.

Perception of people on here might seem far right or far left, but in my mind most don't even come close to being what I'd classify as far on either side. Most seem pretty moderate to the right or left or pretty neutral.

As far as Russia interfering with our election, I'll pretend to be a lawyer. Define interfere for me? Until it's proven that they played a role, and a large role, in our election process, I'm not really worried about Russia as much as MSM wants me to be. I'm more worried about our Healthcare system and the direction that's heading, our borders, our trade deals, markets, heroin and etc.

Does that go both ways?

I think most of the right on here are pretty far right ... just like they will think after today, that I am far left. Doesn't mean its true ... but perception is reality.

Besides ... anyone who (not you) who says that they could care less if Russia interfered in any of our elections so Hillary doesn't win ... that isn't moderate. Matter of fact ... its bordering on being a traitor.

How did Russia interfere with our election? I'll hang up and listen.

:lol2: I also invite you to search this forum for the years 2008-2016. :lol2:

I'm somewhat stunned people who were active on this forum over the last nine years (not directed at MJ, but seems a common sentiment) can assert criticism of Obama was impersonal, high-minded policy wonkery and only now we've devolved into personal and outlandish attacks on the president. Obama couldn't sneeze without being called a secret Kenyan, Muslim, Marxist, anti-American, anti-colonialist, anti-Christ (yes, really), terrorsist sympathizing, effete European, community organizing, dumb as a rock, arrogant, racist who continually disrespected the office with his Dijon mustard, golf playing, rap music, tan suits, and insufficiently attractive wife.

Leadership is really hard, especially when you inherit a trainwreck.

A Trainwreck? Funny ... I don't remember Democrats saying that after Obama took over from Bush (didn't the housing crisis start on his watch? what about the cost of gas? what about inheriting a war which was started to avenge Daddy's good name and also to line the pockets of his rich buddies in the oil business).

The only trainwreck in these parts ... is the current President and his relationship with one of our enemies. I will take Obama, Bush, Reagan and just about anyone over what we have now.

You still haven't answered the original question ... which ... as a Democrat ... I respect your right to ignore ... but seriously .. come back with something better than pointing to a President that actually made an effort to help Americans (even though they aren't Americans that the Republican party likes to recognize ... you know .. .the not so rich and the poor).

How did Russia interfere with our election? I'll hang up and listen.

Thats right ... hasn't Donnie himself said that Russia interfered (yeah .. I know .. he has said it did .. .it didn't ... it did ... it didn't ... which in other words ... makes him a liar) ... the "fake news media" ... that Republicans loved to complain directly to when Obama was the President are not telling the truth about the links!

Didn't the news about Donald Jr. come from INSIDE the Trump circle?

Why don't you prove to me why/how Russia didn't interfere ... because at this point ... it would probably be a lot easier to show.

Edited by PurplePride92

A Trainwreck? Funny ... I don't remember Democrats saying that after Obama took over from Bush (didn't the housing crisis start on his watch? what about the cost of gas? what about inheriting a war which was started to avenge Daddy's good name and also to line the pockets of his rich buddies in the oil business).

The only trainwreck in these parts ... is the current President and his relationship with one of our enemies. I will take Obama, Bush, Reagan and just about anyone over what we have now.

You still haven't answered the original question ... which ... as a Democrat ... I respect your right to ignore ... but seriously .. come back with something better than pointing to a President that actually made an effort to help Americans (even though they aren't Americans that the Republican party likes to recognize ... you know .. .the not so rich and the poor).

Your thread didn't ask a specific question, your thread was a blanket anti-Trump offering.

We disagree on so much I am not going to get too involved in this thread.

Your thread didn't ask a specific question, your thread was a blanket anti-Trump offering.

We disagree on so much I am not going to get too involved in this thread.

Exactly .... we have a President that lies to the American people ... possibly got in bed with one of our enemies ... and you are not going to get involved in the thread.

What is it going to take for the Right to change their mind about this President? Such a hard question ... so broad. Whatever .... whatever ... whatever.

As an American who actually respects others rights ... let me end with this .... I respect your right to disengage from the conversation. Have a great day!

Easy ...

*He doesn't represent the ideas or the best interest of this country.

Most importantly .... HE TREATS COMMON, EVERYDAY AMERICANS LIKE THEY ARE COMPLETE PIECES OF MORONIC SH** with insults, lies, vulgar behavior. (And if a Democratic President spoke about how stupid republicans are constantly, "fake news", etc ... I would not support them either).

Many have tried to make the same argument as your first point about about what's best for the country in regards to what Obama and HRC have wanted to do in the past. That's usually met by someone like @rockmom that says what she agrees with what's best for the country and what I may agree can be very separate. So pretty tough to make that argument against Trump when @rockmom is right, that's something many will always disagree on.

As for the bottom portion. I'm not sure that there was a better alternative for the "Common/Every Day American" in this election. HRC is just as much, if not more of an elitist than Trump was and has continually proven that she didn't care much for Middle America or the Middle Class. She really doesn't care much for the lower class either, she just poses like she does for their votes.

Thats right ... hasn't Donnie himself said that Russia interfered (yeah .. I know .. he has said it did .. .it didn't ... it did ... it didn't ... which in other words ... makes him a liar) ... the "fake news media" ... that Republicans loved to complain directly to when Obama was the President are not telling the truth about the links!

Didn't the news about Donnie Jr come from INSIDE the Trump circle?

Why don't you prove to me why/how Russia didn't interfere ... because at this point ... it would probably be a lot easier to show.

It seems my question was a tough one so let me re-phrase it.

What did Russia do to interfere with our election?

I'm somewhat stunned people who were active on this forum over the last nine years (not directed at MJ, but seems a common sentiment) can assert criticism of Obama was impersonal, high-minded policy wonkery and only now we've devolved into personal and outlandish attacks on the president. Obama couldn't sneeze without being called a secret Kenyan, Muslim, Marxist, anti-American, anti-colonialist, anti-Christ (yes, really), terrorsist sympathizing, effete European, community organizing, dumb as a rock, arrogant, racist who continually disrespected the office with his Dijon mustard, golf playing, rap music, tan suits, and insufficiently attractive wife.

No worries. I fully admit that I wasn't much of a reader/user of this forum until probably a year ago.

I assume then, you have lost at least an equal amount of respect for those on the right for their behavior the previous 8 years?

The left is doing no favors to itself, to be sure. But lets not act as if the right has spent 8 years of cooperation and openness

Hate to say it but we could bounce this argument back down the track to every president, it wont get us anywhere.

In my opinion the left appears much worse now than over Obama's 8 years. I think a lot of that can because of how social media is used and more specifically, used by millennials.

Plenty of Republicans were clowns when it came to Obama, you just didn't constantly see it all over the place like you do with liberals the last 6-12 months.

Hate to say it but we all know why that is. Had they spoken up, you know what label they would have gotten. It was better to just keep quiet.