Question--What do Republicans need to see before they change their minds?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is probably definitely some of that too.

I just don't remember stuff every single day from the same people blasting Obama on my social media. Sure I'd see it from time to time. But with Trump its pretty continuous, at least one my feeds.

Maybe I'm more interested in politics now so I pay a little more attention to what's posted.

Maybe I don't have as many redneck friends as your and PP92 lol

Actually half of my friends posted regular rants and diatribe on Obama the previous 8 years on Facebook. I never took exception. I just thought it was their choice.

I agreed with some of it. Just like in here. I try my best to avoid absolutes (Left, Right, them, us, Majority, etc) because I really only speak for me and I'm not offended unless someone calls me out as uninformed, idiot or anything implied along those lines.

You are assuming the Dems don't put another horrible candidate up against him again. Let's face it. many people did not vote for Trump but rather against Clinton.

It doesn't matter to me who the Dems nominate. I didn't vote for President in 2016 or in 2012 because I thought both GOP candidates were terrible. I've done it before, but I'm trying to stop voting for the lesser of two evils & instead vote for someone I can actually be proud to vote for.

What would it take for Trump's defenders to say he must go? If he colluded with our enemy to influence the election, should he stay or go? I, for one, hope he had zero to do with anything and stays right where he is for 3.5 yrs doing the same thing he's been doing. If he colluded, he has to go... and not to Trump Tower but maybe to the lockup.

Edited by Science Friction

I'm somewhat stunned people who were active on this forum over the last nine years (not directed at MJ, but seems a common sentiment) can assert criticism of Obama was impersonal, high-minded policy wonkery and only now we've devolved into personal and outlandish attacks on the president. Obama couldn't sneeze without being called a secret Kenyan, Muslim, Marxist, anti-American, anti-colonialist, anti-Christ (yes, really), terrorsist sympathizing, effete European, community organizing, dumb as a rock, arrogant, racist who continually disrespected the office with his Dijon mustard, golf playing, rap music, tan suits, and insufficiently attractive wife.

Being referred to as _______, is far different than destroying property, as some anti-Trump protesters have done or beating up Trump supporters. I 'll admit some of the name calling was overboard. I do not recall any destruction of property or beatings by those who opposed Obama.

So people still sulk every day and ask what can be done to 'get rid of him'....

That is some serious hate.

Destroying is always easier than building. And some only look at what or who they can destroy. The rhetoric has already been over the top and dangerous with calls for 'blood in the streets' and worse.

Not sure how long we have to keep hearing about unsubstantiated and irrelevant supposed election interference. Especially from people who weaponized the IRS in the last administration against their political enemies.

You know what I find sad ... is that you are apparently not a Democrat ... so don't pretend to know what we think. MOST of us weren't real thrilled with Hillary .. BUT we very much felt better about her than someone who appeared in Wrestlemania (and yes .. I know some of you on the right think that makes him more "normal" ... sorry ... he wouldn't pee on your back if you were on fire).

The whole thought that Democrats can't get over that Hillary lost .... funny ... I haven't heard any of my Democrat friends say anything about Hillary losing except for when republicans say this self serving crap.

I WILL NEVER BLINDLY FOLLOW ANYONE. This is America ... and it was created with that thought in mind. Just because you are willing to bow down to a person who embarrasses our country on a daily basis ... doesn't mean that I have to.

A few other things that most Democrats can and will do on a daily basis:

*Support our military even though our President makes our stomach turn

*Support law enforcement even though our President makes our stomach turn

*Help others who are less fortunate -- even though our President and the Right thinks we should throw them away

*Support the fight against illegal immigration --- even though it is constantly discussed in a manner to where we don't

*NOT SUPPORT TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH DISGUISED AS A HEALTHCARE PLAN.

None of that has ANYTHING TO DO WITH HILLARY CLINTON. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH BEING AN AMERICAN WHO CARES DEEPLY ABOUT THIS COUNTRY.

download (1).jpg

Hope this makes you feel better!

Being referred to as _______, is far different than destroying property, as some anti-Trump protesters have done or beating up Trump supporters. I 'll admit some of the name calling was overboard. I do not recall any destruction of property or beatings by those who opposed Obama.

Would you consider the Oregon Refuge takeover and destruction of the refuge facilities just Anti-American Government or Anti-Obama? Really just asking.

Like you, I don't recall a lot of destruction.

Seriously-- those of you on the right -- what do you need to see that will change your mind about the current President?

There is a ton of gunslinging from both sides ... but is there anything that could truly ever change your minds? (This would also be a good thread for the other side as well).

I have purposely read just this post. I'll read the rest after this response. What do you want me to change my mind about? Do I think Trump is dishonest, yes I do. But I believe that about every politician.

Do I believe Trump fought dirty in the campaign, absolutely, but so did the other side.

Do I still believe we're better off then had Hillary been elected? 100%

Do I believe Russia tried to interfere in our election? Yep, but then again we've done the same thing in other countries.

Would you consider the Oregon Refuge takeover and destruction of the refuge facilities just Anti-American Government or Anti-Obama? Really just asking.

Like you, I don't recall a lot of destruction.

Anti-government. I honestly believe the debate right now is big government vs small government.

I was broad for a reason ... but if I need to clarify ... lets call it ... "SUPPORT of this President".

Its obvious that most of you refused to support our last President .. and any/all reasons were good enough to hammer him at every opportunity. Now--the question is being put to you ... you constantly bash Democrats because THEY ARE DOING THE EXACT SAME THING THAT REPUBLICANS DID TO THE LAST PRESIDENT.

And on the topic of Hillary ... SHE DIDN'T GET ELECTED. My opinion ... neither candidate represents us in the manner that we deserve ... but I have a hard time thinking that 1. Hillary would have been worse. 2. More importantly ... the Right wing radicals would have been a thousand times worse than the left is being right now towards Trump.

RUSSIA IS NOT OUR FRIEND ... and anyone that is okay with RUSSIA helping either candidate meets my personal definition of being a traitor.

This deal amazes me .... the great savior Ronald Reagan made pushing back on Russia an art ... NOW the Right is okay with RUSSIA influencing our election? Seriously ... good grief.

Pausing my reading here to respond to this.

Obama and the Democrats ridiculed Romney when he called Russia a threat, as I recall the phrase was the 80's want their foreign policy back. And don't forget Hillary and her absurd reset button. Funny how that has now changed.

And now you're citing Reagan?

I have purposely read just this post. I'll read the rest after this response. What do you want me to change my mind about? Do I think Trump is dishonest, yes I do. But I believe that about every politician.

Do I believe Trump fought dirty in the campaign, absolutely, but so did the other side.

Do I still believe we're better off then had Hillary been elected? 100%

Do I believe Russia tried to interfere in our election? Yep, but then again we've done the same thing in other countries.

You're a straight shooter and I respect your thinking. No one else is gonna answer this but you will. If Trump colluded with Russia to affect the election, does he have to go? Or any hypothetical politician, for that matter --- if its proven they collude with a foreign power to affect our elections, should they have to leave office ?